Shopping beadlocks

GraniteCrystal

Most people like running wheels with 3.5" of back spacing but a lot of that is for no other reason than a lot of popular wheels are made that way. The upside to 3.5" of back spacing is that it'll give you a wider stance and therefor lower your center of gravity, it'll help protect your hubs and help prevent rubbing issues at a full turn and stuff.

Technically speaking, your center of gravity is the same. You do have a wider stance so you're less likely to tip over, but nothing has moved in the vertical direction up or down and left to right is symmetrical (left wheel moves out as much as right wheel) so center of gravity remains unchanged.

Here nor there though. The point you're trying to make is correct.

Journeyman

I put the atx chamber two pros on mine with a backspacing of 4.02 because I have coilover plans in the future. But if coilovers were not in the plans I definitely could have gone 5" and possibly more without any problems.

Journeyman

Technically speaking, your center of gravity is the same. You do have a wider stance so you're less likely to tip over, but nothing has moved in the vertical direction up or down and left to right is symmetrical (left wheel moves out as much as right wheel) so center of gravity remains unchanged.

Here nor there though. The point you're trying to make is correct.

Then why even bring it up...I can tell you my shit is way more stable off camber and blasting through the curves!

rockwell

I put the atx chamber two pros on mine with a backspacing of 4.02 because I have coilover plans in the future. But if coilovers were not in the plans I definitely could have gone 5" and possibly more without any problems.

So you think my 5.28 BS will work with the prorocks? I just got the axles but eyeballing them and the wheels, and some rough measurements, it's going to be close to the steering arms.

Journeyman

So you think my 5.28 BS will work with the prorocks? I just got the axles but eyeballing them and the wheels, and some rough measurements, it's going to be close to the steering arms.

I couldn't say without knowing anything about your setup.
IMG_1671.jpg
Total poser shot, but I'm making some rocker changes and checking clearances.
My setup I could probably make it work. It would probably get super cozy with frame on the backside at full lock and bump.

Actually now that I've thought about it bit more I'm wrong. I could not run 5.28 bs that would put me back to nearly factory width.

Last edited:

rockwell

I was mostly concerned if they would physically bolt on to my axles without hitting the steering arms or rubbing the frame. I am only running 37s so I can make everything else fit. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Rig looks good by the way.

ThatChemicalGuy

Ran ATX Slabs on my JK8 for awhile and like them, but it seems like everyone with a JK had them lol. Wife has Trailreadys on her JK and love them. Also used Raceline beadlocks on the buggies I have and most of my buddies rigs have Racelines too. If you call Goforth Tire in TN he can give you a hell of a deal on them 👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

Really not sure what to run.

Being new to both bead locks and upgraded axles, is there a rule of thumb to follow when making this choice? I have a 16 JKUR with a 3.5" lift, PR60/60 axle set to be delivered end of August. Plan on running KMC Machete (3.5BS is the only size I see listed on KMC site) and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 8 x 6.5 pattern. So my understanding is the stock axles are 65" wide and the new axles will be 68.5" wide, so that along with the KMC 3.5 BS , so my new set up will be 5.5" wider then what I currently have - ( current BS is 4.5").

So for those that are more experienced then I , Is this a normal set up ? Any negatives? Any Pros ? I figure my turning radius will not be as tight but thats all I could guess would be different, that and I'll have to pay more attention backing out of my garage.

Input always appreciated

Coil overs or springs/shocks? I run 4.75" BS on Trail Ready's with 68.5" PR60s with bolt on coilovers. No rubbing at full lock to lock steering. Good balance on the BS fit.

Last edited:

Finn Sizzle

Okay, right off the bat, you can eliminate ATX Slabs as they only come in a 3.5" back spacing and you can eliminate ATX Chamber Pro II's as they come in 4", you can also eliminate KMC Machete as they come in a 4" or maybe it's 3.5". Not sure if Method even comes in an 8 lug. Trail Ready and Hutchinson will have what you're wanting as they come in the lug pattern and back spacing you're needing/wanting.

OK, so I started thinking (everyone stand back!) that the backspacing is typically a requirement with the bigger suspension and the larger wheels to prevent rubbing at full turns. With the Dynatrac axles now being wider (68.5") than the stock axles. The Dynatrac axles should retain the same placement on the mount points for the control arms, springs, shocks, etc., right? Wouldn't the overall width of the wider axles now reduce the need for a pushed out wheel with a higher back space?

Is my logic sound or is there a flaw in my thinking?

rockwell

OK, so I started thinking (everyone stand back!) that the backspacing is typically a requirement with the bigger suspension and the larger wheels to prevent rubbing at full turns. With the Dynatrac axles now being wider (68.5") than the stock axles. The Dynatrac axles should retain the same placement on the mount points for the control arms, springs, shocks, etc., right? Wouldn't the overall width of the wider axles now reduce the need for a pushed out wheel with a higher back space?

I hope so because I just got 5.28bs for mine

chili84

I went with the KMC machete. Too many people were running ATX's up here with Nitro. So I went a different route. Drain holes are a nice addition. Especially when hosing them down.

Attachments

• 20170702_154659.jpg
    20170702_154659.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 116

Jaykilty

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom