should i bid on an auction TJ? how high should i go ? whats it worth?

jeeps123

Hey General jeep stuff people,

I'm looking for one local auction vehicle, to fix or flip (not copart).
There's a 2000 6cyl 5spd TJ (clean title, no salv) on next month's auction, and i'd really like your expert opinions.

What's a 2000 TJ really worth, anyway?
This one has fender dings, and its been outside for months (at least), but its all there and it starts.
What say you? If i have to re-sell it, whats the most i can get for this thing? (assuming i'm able to clean it up).

I can't afford to "overpay" for a fixer , so hopefully it stays reasonable (or in bargain territory). But we'll see.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd check the frame, that dent doesn't look like it hit or something hit it.
The dent paint looks too clean if it was hit from impact

jeeps123

OverlanderJK, thanks for the snark. Real helpful.​

Yeah, i haven't been down there yet, its closed on the weekend.
So far the dents look manageable. If its a 4cyl, i may skip it, but for now we're assuming its a standard 6cyl. Its a manual . I know it starts and even if there's a hidden trans issue, i can deal with jeep 5speeds.

So far the dents look manageable. If its a 4cyl, i may skip it, but for now we're assuming its a standard 6cyl. Its a manual . I know it starts and even if there's a hidden trans issue, i can deal with jeep 5speeds.
Wow, you’re something special aren’t you?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

How was that snarky? You came here asking for what a vehicle was worth with zero information. I replied with an answer based on what I saw which was a picture taken with a Polaroid.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I see you edited your post now. My snark answer, I might pay $4000 for it with a six cylinder depending on mileage.

jeeps123

i'll report back on monday, lads. we'll see.....ive been watching these auctions, and people tend to bid over value.....

Top Bottom