Should I Buy It?

tjgoff

So, I have a 2014 JKU that I’ve done a few modifications to (lift, tires, fenders, bumpers) and it has 53k miles. Today I found a 2008 Rubitrux AEV conversion with 17k Miles (yes, that’s right). It has AEV Bumpers, an AEV lift, Gibson dual exhaust, cold air intake and more. Also, it’s $28.5k! Should I trade mine in for it? Also, what bumper/tire carrier is that? Not AEV right? IMG_0612.JPG IMG_3513.JPG IMG_0611.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
First off, no those are not AEV bumpers. It looks like it is an AEV hood. What was the base jeep? AEV does not make a 6” lift and nor does it look like it is lifted 6”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Honestly there are a lot better jeeps out there for the money if you intend to off-road it. Running 37s on those axles with out modifications is a recipe for disaster. Even with mods they are going to be short lived. There are no lockers and your gearing will suck for that tire size. The lift is suspicious, it’s not AEV if it is 6”.

tjgoff

tjgoff

Honestly there are a lot better jeeps out there for the money if you intend to off-road it. Running 37s on those axles with out modifications is a recipe for disaster. Even with mods they are going to be short lived. There are no lockers and your gearing will suck for that tire size. The lift is suspicious, it’s not AEV if it is 6”.

It’s at a Hyundai dealership. The salesman who listed it is literally 19 (although lots of 19 year olds are smarter than me. He didn’t know Jeeps.

tjgoff

Talk him down to 20-22 and then do some axles and you’d have a good jeep to run just about anywhere.

I got him down to 24 today. If I can sell mine ( I have a friend who’s been wanting to buy it), I can walk in with cash and maybe get him down more.

Also, I think it’s been regeared. Drove better than my 3.6 with 34s. But, I’m not sure.

Top Bottom