Show Off Your Guns!

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QDR29W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

61d-ym1jCVL._AC_SX679_.jpg

or this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LHF69TH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
71NGJSrXAlL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Today I finally picked up my CCW. When I moved to the Bay Area almost 20 years ago I applied and was denied. Thanks to some hard fighting gun loving Americans my county was forced to start issuing as long as the applicant met all the requirements. After 15 months and roughly $1000 I can finally legally carry in this shithole of a state. This is the third state I’ve held a CCW/CPL and it’s almost comical how difficult they make it. Anyways, been a long time coming so was happy to share that news.

Today I finally picked up my CCW. When I moved to the Bay Area almost 20 years ago I applied and was denied. Thanks to some hard fighting gun loving Americans my county was forced to start issuing as long as the applicant met all the requirements. After 15 months and roughly $1000 I can finally legally carry in this shithole of a state. This is the third state I’ve held a CCW/CPL and it’s almost comical how difficult they make it. Anyways, been a long time coming so was happy to share that news.
Hell ya buddy! It's a great feeling. Sucks we have to fight so hard for it... but Congrats!

So I've shot, I've decided. I'm a sucker for a pretty 1911. So, which one am I getting? Leaning towards Springfield, also like the Sig, but open to other affordable/buildable options. Let's say maybe a grand or less for now...

Also still a little unaware of everything on the CA roster as well - would appreciate some insight!

So I've shot, I've decided. I'm a sucker for a pretty 1911. So, which one am I getting? Leaning towards Springfield, also like the Sig, but open to other affordable/buildable options. Let's say maybe a grand or less for now...

Also still a little unaware of everything on the CA roster as well - would appreciate some insight!
Good luck.

I tried to walk myself through the California landmine field of approved hand guns and that is a mess.
There are a TON of hand guns marked as California Compliant but NOT on the Attorney General list of approved for sale.

Glad I don't have to deal with that.

Thanks, this is the kind of stuff I'm unaware of. Not even gonna try to go through with a CCW here... yet.

You've probably made friends with people wherever you're shooting. Ask them for a list of APPROVED 1911's. The gun shops are the ones who have to stay on top of it all.

I did notice, the California Compliant version of the 1911's were more expensive than the same model for everyone else.
If you want a good, new gun, you're going to be spending more than you hope.

Do a good search on brands you are considering, China is licensed to make reproductions of 1911's.

You've probably made friends with people wherever you're shooting. Ask them for a list of APPROVED 1911's. The gun shops are the ones who have to stay on top of it all.

I did notice, the California Compliant version of the 1911's were more expensive than the same model for everyone else.
If you want a good, new gun, you're going to be spending more than you hope.

Do a good search on brands you are considering, China is licensed to make reproductions of 1911's.
Have some good shops down here that I've gotten the best info from so far. I've noticed that as well.

You can get on any of the big box stores websites and sort by CA compliant. Any of those should be available in CA. That will give you an idea on cost and what is available to you. Also check classifieds if you want something that is not on the roster. Private party sales do not have to be on the roster. They usually go for above retail though. I’m eyeballing the Kimber Raptor for my next one.

Top Bottom