Show your Wrist Watch

David1tontj

Honestly, I don't see many Luminox watches around the military community. They made their name by making their ' Navy Seal' watch for one team at the request of their commander. They are not the 'official' watch of anything. The few I have seen were not all that impressive. I think I've seen maybe 3 or 4, but I do know every one I have seen has been missing the luminous dot on the bezel from falling out. Maybe others have had different experiences. I mostly see Marathon, Suunto and G Shocks. For a tough dive watch that will last, you can't go wrong with Marathon SAR. At the 'couple hundred bucks' price range, a Seiko SKX007 is hard to beat as well. They are tough and rated at WR200 meters. Good luck with your search and let us know what you decide on!

This is the luminox I was looking at-
View attachment 148686

I looked at the seiko- couldn't find a blackout version in the same model you mentioned.

View attachment 148687
closest I could find to something I like. Still a good watch?

You might want to check out Nixon watches. They are really nice and they are ment for surfing, diving and most watersports. I'm extremely satisfied with my Nixon.

I didn't realize the Nixon was much much better than the others I have had breaking. I will keep looking for a blackout version.

I have a Suunto that I use as a field watch. Broke the band once but other than that is has held up very well to some rough conditions

Tried looking them up. Are they all digital?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This is the luminox I was looking at-
View attachment 148686

I looked at the seiko- couldn't find a blackout version in the same model you mentioned.

View attachment 148687
closest I could find to something I like. Still a good watch?

I didn't realize the Nixon was much much better than the others I have had breaking. I will keep looking for a blackout version.

Tried looking them up. Are they all digital?

Sorry, I missed that you were looking for a blacked out watch. The only 2 that come to mind to me are Luminox and MWC, as both make blacked out watches with tritium. No experience here with MWC, but might be worth a look. Suunto watches are all digital. Nixon makes decent watches that fall more Into the fashion category, might not work for what you looking for.

big dr

purchased 16 years ago as a work watch for $35 Been through 3 wristbands and 2 batteries. Works like a champ and not too bulky.

I dont wear a watch when I'm not working:beer:

Attachments

• photo-41.jpg
    photo-41.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 265

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thanks I will look for a small fatally shop or something like that 👍

I would take it to a jeweler that specializes in high end watches. Many have a good watchmaker or horologist in house. This isn't the guy at the mall who changes batteries on a Seiko.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
No apple watch yet??

Was kinda interested when it was announced. I have a hard enough time taking a liking to Quartz and digital watches. I can't get my head wrapped around a watch that has to be charged nightly and has no mechanical redeeming value whatsoever.

Top Bottom