Silly noobs and their questions - Yet another bumper question

Desertman

I want to get a front bumper but the local police are issuing out fines and black points for anyone with a steel bumper. I was thinking about an Aluminum or carbon fibre for here in the desert but the laws in Europe are even stricter when I eventually return with my jeep.

Looking at doing a front bumper upgrade. Maybe I'm being picky?

I am wanting a steel bumper that mounts to the frame as it sits (no mods). Stinger, Lowered Winch mount, D-Rings, and Fogs. Mid to Stubby in size. Is there such a thing? I know Rugged Ridge makes the XHD Modular bumper, but from what I've seen on this community it doesn't seem to be a common brand for a bumper.

(Work seems to block majority of the Jeep pages... and I'm almost never on the computer at home).

• steel bumper - 1/4" THICK - CHECK :rock:
  • mounts to the frame as it sits (no mods) - 100% BOLT ON (ZEON REQUIRES MINOR TRIMMING) - CHECK :rock:
  • Stinger - CHECK :rock:
  • Lowered Winch mount - CHECK :rock:
  • D-Rings - 1" THICK - CHECK :rock:
  • Fogs - http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6065.htm
  • Stubby in size - CHECK :rock:
  • Is there such a thing - YES!

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-5008.htm

RH-5008-2T.jpg

dmpowder

I'm right there with ya. I was dead set on Crawler Conceptz till I found out you have to cut.

Asking for a no mod to factory frame, factory fog lights, recessed winch mount, and tabs or d rings is like asking for the winning lotto numbers.

cramey74

I'm right there with ya. I was dead set on Crawler Conceptz till I found out you have to cut.

Asking for a no mod to factory frame, factory fog lights, recessed winch mount, and tabs or d rings is like asking for the winning lotto numbers.

You do not have to cut or move anything with the Crawler Conceptz ultimate.

projectMMTB

I'm surprised no one has said the evo 1/4 pounder.
It's steel, has a recessed winch mount, gotta be one of the best looking bumpers out there IMO, you can buy the d rings separate and also the stinger. And I don't believe you have to cut the frame, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455928259.322940.jpg
Not my jeep I just got it off of google

james2003w

I'm surprised no one has said the evo 1/4 pounder.
It's steel, has a recessed winch mount, gotta be one of the best looking bumpers out there IMO, you can buy the d rings separate and also the stinger. And I don't believe you have to cut the frame, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
View attachment 188896
Not my jeep I just got it off of google

I'm also looking for fogs :)

dmpowder

Just came across this on Facebook, looks like that RR bumper held up pretty good.

I sure hope you guys don't drive with your duallies on public roads!

Attachments

• 1455947242896.jpg
    1455947242896.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 116

projectMMTB

Just came across this on Facebook, looks like that RR bumper held up pretty good.

I run my Amber dually fogs during the day
The Amber doesn't bother anyone since they're down on my bumper and don't appear as bright. And I don't run my windshield mounted regular color dually spots during the day. They're too bright

james2003w

Those photos, that is stuff I like to find out about a bumper. Right now it's a toss between RR and the Crawler Concepts. I don't care how "easy it is" to cut the crash bar or trim the frame. I DO NOT WANT TO CUT MY JEEP, unless I don't have a choice.

chitown35

LOSER
Those photos, that is stuff I like to find out about a bumper. Right now it's a toss between RR and the Crawler Concepts. I don't care how "easy it is" to cut the crash bar or trim the frame. I DO NOT WANT TO CUT MY JEEP, unless I don't have a choice.

FYI, even with the RR XHD Modular, you still have to cut a little tiny flap off near the vacuum canister. IMO they're awesome looking & quality bumpers though.

20151004_124727 cropped.jpg

Top Bottom