Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI July 12th

Mitrig

Just noticed you are from Windsor, I grew up in Sarnia, my wife has lots of family in Windsor. We have been living in the US for 10yrs now.

Yes sir! Originally born here too, but when I was younger we lived in Galveston then moved to st Clair shores then back to Windsor. Now I go to the university here. So you wouldn't have been very far away at all! I know a few members whom live semi-closeby

Clark Griswold

Yes sir! Originally born here too, but when I was younger we lived in Galveston then moved to st Clair shores then back to Windsor. Now I go to the university here. So you wouldn't have been very far away at all! I know a few members whom live semi-closeby

Cool, we lived in Tyler Texas for 4yrs as well. My wife also went to college in Windsor. Look forward to meeting up this weekend. We are just up for the day heading to Grand Rapids Sat night to spend the day there Sunday.

Mitrig

Cool, we lived in Tyler Texas for 4yrs as well. My wife also went to college in Windsor. Look forward to meeting up this weekend. We are just up for the day heading to Grand Rapids Sat night to spend the day there Sunday.

That's awesome. Looking forward to meeting up! I am sure it will be a good time.

Mitrig

Hey Guys so the guy whom was planing to come along that forced us to add a second campsite cancelled so we will only be using one of the two sites I booked.

If anyone is interested in staying the night or the weekend I will keep it. If not I will be cancelling the second site tomorrow and take the hit on cancelation fee

Mitrig

I will be there the whole weekend do we want to meet up in the dunes enterance and go in simultaneously or just meet up as we see WAYALIFE banners Curious because once I cross the border my data is off since I'm comin from Canada so all I can really so with my phone is text since calls and data cost an arm and a leg.

Mitrig

I am just going up for Saturday, I only live about 50 min away. What channel is every one going to be on?

well i roll on 19 when ever on the highway just for entertainment. but a friend of mine is coming up with me with his explorer which will be funny to see how that works out...but we will be rolling on channel 38 on our way up. i know Clark said he doesn't have one so maybe we just message him where we are since CB is my only form of communication while state side?

redpatchjeff

Hey guys - I won't make this trip, but I grew up about 20 minutes south of the dunes in Montague. If you get an ORV sticker and want to run some pretty trails through the woods after the dunes, I can let you know where some great seasonal trails over there. Nothing technical, but nice drives through the woods nonetheless on sand roads.

Mitrig

Hey guys - I won't make this trip, but I grew up about 20 minutes south of the dunes in Montague. If you get an ORV sticker and want to run some pretty trails through the woods after the dunes, I can let you know where some great seasonal trails over there. Nothing technical, but nice drives through the woods nonetheless on sand roads.

that would be perfect. a change of scenery before the way back home would be perfect! i know i pass rock valley on my way up to the dunes but fir away!!! might swell get in as much as i can before the weekend is over.

redpatchjeff

that would be perfect. a change of scenery before the way back home would be perfect! i know i pass rock valley on my way up to the dunes but fir away!!! might swell get in as much as i can before the weekend is over.

If you head south on old us31 and head into rothbury, head west on Winston road until it ends (don't get confused, as it turns into wilke road - it's still the same road). Once it ends, turn left. That is the start of some of the seasonal roads in the manistee national forest. If you look on google maps, you'll see that some of the roads are listed and some are not. It's a nice area to drive around and see some nice woods and creeks and stuff. You can't get lost, some of the trails do just dead end for no reason though. It's been a while since I've been back there but I don't think it's changed much.

Clark Griswold

well i roll on 19 when ever on the highway just for entertainment. but a friend of mine is coming up with me with his explorer which will be funny to see how that works out...but we will be rolling on channel 38 on our way up. i know Clark said he doesn't have one so maybe we just message him where we are since CB is my only form of communication while state side?

If you guys can text while there I will give you my cell number, I might look at a hand held CB as well if they make them, no time to install one.

Mitrig

If you guys can text while there I will give you my cell number, I might look at a hand held CB as well if they make them, no time to install one.

Pretty sure there is the basic wireless ones. Some guy near my house sells them from 30 bucks a piece I think. It's just a portable cb radio. Looks like a giant walkie talkie

redpatchjeff

Do we want to pick a general place to meet around noon to meet in the dunes?

Just offering some advice, but right across the street from the dunes entrance is a Craig's cruisers if I recall correctly.

Also, just my two cents, but with the amount of people that go up there if you get there at noon you might be waiting in line for a bit.

Have fun, wish I was joining you guys!

Top Bottom