Sizing bumpstops

tharb5111

Eh yeah you can run 3" bumpstops with 37s and flats to be safe but you can run less with no rubbing.

REAR

Its very common to run 2" bumpstops in the rear with 37 and flat fenders with some basic trimming of the front and rear pinch seams. I run 37 mtrs (true to size) with no rubbing however I should add that I moved my rear axle back 1/2" to keep the tire more centered in the wheel well when at full bump. Before moving the axle back slightly I had to run 3" of bumpstop in the rear to keep the tire away from the fron part of the fenderwell even with trimmed pinch seams. I paid for my shocks i want to use all their travel

FRONT

As far as the front many guys running 37s have enough lift to warrant a draglink flip which requires 3" of bumpstop. Again not a fan of lost uptravel so i notched my frame and removed one of my hockey pucks so now im running 2" bumpstops in the front or 2 hockey pucks instead of 3. Shocks do not overcompress and the tires do not rub anywhere so 2" all around for me. If you do not have a draglink flip just run 2" of bumpstop assuming your shock wont overcompress. If you do have a draglink flip and dont want to notch your frame you will have to run 3" bumpstops

whatever you do make sure you dont overcompress your shocks. remember tire size and shock length will determine the amount of bumpstop you use

So would doing 2 inch bumpstops in front ave 1 inch rear be too much if someone was to be running 35s with level kit (2 inch puck.front/1 inch rear?)

GR8WHITE

Eh yeah you can run 3" bumpstops with 37s and flats to be safe but you can run less with no rubbing.

REAR

Its very common to run 2" bumpstops in the rear with 37 and flat fenders with some basic trimming of the front and rear pinch seams. I run 37 mtrs (true to size) with no rubbing however I should add that I moved my rear axle back 1/2" to keep the tire more centered in the wheel well when at full bump. Before moving the axle back slightly I had to run 3" of bumpstop in the rear to keep the tire away from the fron part of the fenderwell even with trimmed pinch seams. I paid for my shocks i want to use all their travel

FRONT

As far as the front many guys running 37s have enough lift to warrant a draglink flip which requires 3" of bumpstop. Again not a fan of lost uptravel so i notched my frame and removed one of my hockey pucks so now im running 2" bumpstops in the front or 2 hockey pucks instead of 3. Shocks do not overcompress and the tires do not rub anywhere so 2" all around for me. If you do not have a draglink flip just run 2" of bumpstop assuming your shock wont overcompress. If you do have a draglink flip and dont want to notch your frame you will have to run 3" bumpstops

whatever you do make sure you dont overcompress your shocks. remember tire size and shock length will determine the amount of bumpstop you use
:clap: :clap: lol hey whatever floats your boat man.

CrazyLarry

So would doing 2 inch bumpstops in front ave 1 inch rear be too much if someone was to be running 35s with level kit (2 inch puck.front/1 inch rear?)

If you are running 35s with flats with 2" bumps upfront you will not rub with the tire. Shocks bottoming out I have no idea. That's where you need to flex your suspension and make sure you have enough shaft.

Warebear

If you are running 35s with flats with 2" bumps upfront you will not rub with the tire. Shocks bottoming out I have no idea. That's where you need to flex your suspension and make sure you have enough shaft.

But I never have enough shaft 😔

tharb5111

I need help as I'm confused which way to proceed to get my 35 bfgs to.fit.

I have narrowed it down to bumpstops in the 2.5 budget boost with rancho 9000 or 2.5 budget boost with stock rubicon shocks? Which way is.better?

Will I need exhAust extension for my 2014 jku? Or is the 2.5 low.enough for this to work.without the extension?

Adjust trackbars and lower adj control arms not needed correct?

Assuming bumpstomps in kit will work either way.

Doing all this too clear 35x12.5x17 bfg km2s.

Will i still need to.trim fenders flat or will bumpstops in bb kit keep stuffed tires out of.fenders?

Thanks for helping a noob.

Last edited:
Top Bottom