Skylar the JKU

Skylar the jku

Ran Gold Mountain this past Sunday with a few other jeeps in big bear. Trail is running super hard right now.
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_2785.jpg
IMG_0690.jpg
IMG_2791.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg

Last edited:

aboudreau

Nice pics Skylar...Gold Mountain is great. Wish I could have gone up this weekend. I spend a lot of time up there, hit me up the next time you are heading up. I'm always looking for people to ride with. Nice Rig!

Skylar the jku

Nice pics Skylar...Gold Mountain is great. Wish I could have gone up this weekend. I spend a lot of time up there, hit me up the next time you are heading up. I'm always looking for people to ride with. Nice Rig!

Thanks! Ill definitely let you know cause I’m always looking for people to do trails with too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I’m not sure how I missed your thread, but I’m following now. [emoji1303] Looks like a great trail and I do wish you luck on the 37’s and your current setup. I’ve wanted to make the jump but just didn’t have the guts too. [emoji23]

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Subscribed . In SoCal and often down for Big Bear runs as well . I’m also running 37s on my stock 44 with chromoly shafts and gussets . Will see how holds up . Evo liners look nice . May pick some up myself

Skylar the jku

I’m not sure how I missed your thread, but I’m following now. [emoji1303] Looks like a great trail and I do wish you luck on the 37’s and your current setup. I’ve wanted to make the jump but just didn’t have the guts too. [emoji23]

Yeah I was hesitant, and still am. What made me do it was the sizing of my tires. The 37” BF Goodrich KO2 tires run really small. Mine measure out to be 35.25” tall, that’s with about 35psi in them. I have about 100miles on them and am averaging 16.7MPG which is not bad at all. And surprisingly, with my 3.73 gears, my RPM range is just slightly higher than it was with my 35” KO2’s

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yeah I was hesitant, and still am. What made me do it was the sizing of my tires. The 37” BF Goodrich KO2 tires run really small. Mine measure out to be 35.25” tall, that’s with about 35psi in them. I have about 100miles on them and am averaging 16.7MPG which is not bad at all. And surprisingly, with my 3.73 gears, my RPM range is just slightly higher than it was with my 35” KO2’s

RPMs should be less with larger tires, all else unchanged.

Skylar the jku

I forgot to mention this but a few months back I was hit on the freeway. I was stopped in traffic and a big tow truck smashed into the car behind me and forced that car to hit me. The Jeep was fine but the car behind me wasn’t
IMG_0358.jpg
The damage to the Jeep just consisted of a broken license plate holder, damage to the spare tire, and damage to the tail gate. I had to bring it to the body shop for about a week. Sucks that I can’t find any pictures of the damage to the Jeep.

Lesson of this story is to always be aware of stopping lanes while in traffic on the freeway

Skylar the jku

Got board today and came up with the idea to remove the muffler off Skylar. Was a pain in the ass but eventually, an hour and a half later, I got it out. Sounds way better than I than thought it would and it clears up a ton of room in the back.
IMG_0785.jpg IMG_0786.jpg IMG_0784.jpg

Skylar the jku

I’m a big mountain mountain biker and have always hated putting my bike on a bike rack, due to my stupid paranoia that someone would hit it with their car while I’m driving. So I decided to make my own “bike rack” inside the Jeep. I bought a bike axle mount online and bolted it into the floor liner in the back of the Jeep. Pretty easy to do and it holds the bike very sturdy while I’m driving.
IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg

Skylar the jku

Finally got around to cutting my rear wheel wells to gain more tire clearance
IMG_1222.jpg
I drew a line with a sharpie with the shape of my fender and cut along that line
IMG_1219.jpg
I wanted to paint the wheel black to match the front, so I used some light sand paper and sanded up the wheel well and taped it off to prevent overspray. I used a rubberized coating to spray over the foam to prevent any water from entering that could lead to corrosion and rust over time
IMG_1228.jpg
Very happy how it turned out, I gained a lot of tire clearance and the paint match just looks way better!

I’m a big mountain mountain biker and have always hated putting my bike on a bike rack, due to my stupid paranoia that someone would hit it with their car while I’m driving. So I decided to make my own “bike rack” inside the Jeep. I bought a bike axle mount online and bolted it into the floor liner in the back of the Jeep. Pretty easy to do and it holds the bike very sturdy while I’m driving.
View attachment 334942
View attachment 334943

Great idea. :thumb:

Skylar the jku

IMG_2825.jpg

Let’s just say Black Friday was a good day. I Ordered the steer smarts drag link, Raxiom headlights, teraflex ball joints, synergy track bar reinforcement bracket, evo c gussets and CA skids, and some carbon ceramic brake pads.

It’s gonna be fun putting all these on!

Top Bottom