Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Honestly, I love this thing and regret not getting into it sooner. The food is delicious and relatively easy to make.

jesse3638

Hooked
Honestly, I love this thing and regret not getting into it sooner. The food is delicious and relatively easy to make.
Damn I may have to look a little harder into it. Question, for larger pieces of meat (8+ hour cook time) can you set it and forget it? Like leave for work in the morning or is it something that will need some tending to throughout? Just curious if this could be something to add to the busy work week?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Probably but I’m a newbie and am following recipes pretty closely. A lot of them require pulling meat and wrapping it in foil after 3-5 hours. I can control temps from anywhere, but I can’t do the foil wrap from work. [emoji6]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Damn I may have to look a little harder into it. Question, for larger pieces of meat (8+ hour cook time) can you set it and forget it? Like leave for work in the morning or is it something that will need some tending to throughout? Just curious if this could be something to add to the busy work week?

I wouldn’t. You’ll have to watch the pellets and make sure they don’t run out. Plus it’s electric, might not be on when you get home.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can fill mine with enough pellets to last 12 hours easy. My WiFi connection lets me see the smoker temp and the probe temp from anywhere.

jesse3638

Hooked
I wouldn’t. You’ll have to watch the pellets and make sure they don’t run out. Plus it’s electric, might not be on when you get home.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
No different than going out to flip the steaks and the fire is gone. Silly propane grill..haha
Probably but I’m a newbie and am following recipes pretty closely. A lot of them require pulling meat and wrapping it in foil after 3-5 hours. I can control temps from anywhere, but I can’t do the foil wrap from work. [emoji6]
Yeah that could be a challenge. Was just thinking it may be a way to switch up from the crock pot during busy work nights. However my work schedule will be changing thanks to the new job..haha.

Slimebones

I just made the absolute most delicious baby back ribs I have ever had in my life on my new to me (one month) pellet grill! Love this thing. Wings were equally great. Next on list would be the pork shoulder. BTW: youtube has some great suggestions, but in the end, figure out what best suits you I am thinking. Another form of exploring. Awesome invention.

Top Bottom