Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

They came out great, did the reverse sear, did an ok job at searing but was definitely good enough. Probably undercooked a bit on the smoke part of it but learning how much more it would cook on the sear. Better than being over done

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’ll be dialed in in no time. Pavers and stone retaining wall coming along. [emoji106]

benatc1

Hooked
Thank you, I really like it. Constructed is great, cooked twice on it now but it's temp stays real steady, barely even fluctuates. Was actually trying to cool it down and was taking forever so opened the lid, so Insulated well. Definitely feels pretty heavy duty too
Congrats on the REC TEC 700. I’m about to order one. How did you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JAGS

Hooked
Thank you, I really like it. Constructed is great, cooked twice on it now but it's temp stays real steady, barely even fluctuates. Was actually trying to cool it down and was taking forever so opened the lid, so Insulated well. Definitely feels pretty heavy duty too

I was literally just looking at one of these online today. Trying to decide between the traeger with the D2, the rec tec, and the newer Weber smoker.

benatc1

Hooked
I was literally just looking at one of these online today. Trying to decide between the traeger with the D2, the rec tec, and the newer Weber smoker.
So obviously bias bacause rec tec is the way I went. But I was certain I was going to get a Treager, but was looking around at a few other just for comparison. Overlander tipped me on the rec tec so I started doing more research. Basically you need to get at least the iron wood series to have similar construction and you still don't have the tightness on temperature control that the rec tec has, plus 2 built-in I'm meat probes. now maybe that's not that huge of deal but I believe the Ironwood Treager with similar size was more money. I do also like the 40lb rear mounted hopper, which doubles as a warning plate up top, and it does do a pretty decent job. Honestly, probably can't go wrong either way as no doubt Treager had a strong name for a reason, but I do feel this is built alot better with better material. Not sure about the weber but I remember looking at it quick and thinking it was a nice set up

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Plus, with the Rec Tec you get horns for handles. That makes the quality of the meat at least two times better.

(I’m just kidding, that Rec Tec looks sweet).

Angry Aussie

That’s good to hear. I’m glad you’re happy with it. Think I’ll order one this week. How is it with pellet consumption?

benatc1

Hooked
That’s good to hear. I’m glad you’re happy with it. Think I’ll order one this week. How is it with pellet consumption?

Haven't burned enough to really know, but they say the 40lb bag is good for 40hrs on average temps. But I've smoked for about 2 hours total and my hopper doesn't seems to really have moved down much at all

Angry Aussie

61360136224__9C7B22A2-D632-418F-B2C9-0EF07E8DA28F.jpg

61362703711__F1E83651-6769-4AD7-B6C4-AEDD9006B182.jpg

New Rec Tec 700 and so far I’m really happy with it. Just did smoke beef short ribs that turned out amazing. Really excited about this thing.

Top Bottom