Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

jesse3638

Hooked
If they don’t have them out in the counter just ask. None around me have them on display but always have them in the back. “Short ribs” or “plate ribs” is what your after. Stay away from the back ribs.
Sounds good. Jist saw this. I was there yesterday to pick up a filet and they had beef back ribs in case. I'll ask next time I'm there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Going to be smoking some more whole chickens today. The first round I brined and spatchcocked them then cooked them low and slow. Took about 4 hours or so for two 5lb birds. This time I was going to try a higher temp and leave them intact. Any ideas or recipes you guys use is much appreciated. Thanks.

jesse3638

Hooked
Settled on beer can chicken.

Here's the soldiers ready to go into battle with a Stone salted lime lager and fresh rosemary shoved up their ass and coated in Southern mustard rub. We'll see them in an hour and a half (hopefully...haha.).

jesse3638

Hooked

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a prepackaged corn beef I'm going to smoke. The family likes it for St Patrick's day. I too prefer pastrami over corned beef. I need to get your brine recipe for pastrami. Sounds so good.

It’s not anything special.

Per gallon of water add

3/4 cup salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons curing salt
2 tablespoons pickling spice

Let it go for a week to ten days. It’s a pretty basic recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom