Smoking

black pearl

Hooked
So I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey for New Years. I literally have not slept this great in a long time. 16 years smoking and literally can breathe like I never thought it could.

If you smoke, stop!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm currently in this battle (again) congratulations on doing it it's way better not to smoke... now if I can just stop talking myself into buying them

Lil Nasty

March 16th will be my 10 year anniversary from quitting. Best decision I've ever made. I quit semi cold turkey. I prepared "mentally" for months prior convincing myself that they were nasty.

I'm currently in this battle (again) congratulations on doing it it's way better not to smoke... now if I can just stop talking myself into buying them

Two days in I went to the gas station on my way home from work and bought a pack without even thinking about what I was doing.

Was going to return them but figured it would sting more just to toss them in the trash at the gas station.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I will be smoke free 16 yrs in June. I hate the smell of them but I don't rag on people for smoking as long as they are a "polite smoker" as I was. It's a terrible habit but I at least went off away from people and lit up and put my butts in the trash or took them with me until I found a trash. A friend warned me about the cough I would deal with after quitting and she was right. I had to deal with a cough for a while after I quit (guess that was all the toxins getting out of my body and the really dark poop) but it was worth it. I added years to my life. I try to encourage people to stop but only if they say they want to stop and all I tell them is that they will stop when THEY ARE READY TO STOP and not when someone is ragging on them. I spent $3 grand on braces and was having a cigarette one day and thought about how my teeth would look after the braces. That was my Ah ha moment.

Congrats to the OP for quitting and encouragement to anyone who has started up again after quitting. This was my 3rd attempt so don't feel bad if you fell off the wagon, just get the hell back on and find a seat. I did myself a favor and quit when they were not over $3 a pack. No way I could support that habit today.

black pearl

Hooked
Two days in I went to the gas station on my way home from work and bought a pack without even thinking about what I was doing.

Was going to return them but figured it would sting more just to toss them in the trash at the gas station.

I've done that one a few times... or have one and drop the rest in water to be sure I don't smoke all of the

JeepAholic

I will be smoke free 16 yrs in June. I hate the smell of them but I don't rag on people for smoking as long as they are a "polite smoker" as I was. It's a terrible habit but I at least went off away from people and lit up and put my butts in the trash or took them with me until I found a trash. A friend warned me about the cough I would deal with after quitting and she was right. I had to deal with a cough for a while after I quit (guess that was all the toxins getting out of my body and the really dark poop) but it was worth it. I added years to my life. I try to encourage people to stop but only if they say they want to stop and all I tell them is that they will stop when THEY ARE READY TO STOP and not when someone is ragging on them. I spent $3 grand on braces and was having a cigarette one day and thought about how my teeth would look after the braces. That was my Ah ha moment.

Congrats to the OP for quitting and encouragement to anyone who has started up again after quitting. This was my 3rd attempt so don't feel bad if you fell off the wagon, just get the hell back on and find a seat. I did myself a favor and quit when they were not over $3 a pack. No way I could support that habit today.
I gotta do that. I quit for years and start again when life's tragedies hit. I know not an excuse but it is a nasty habit.

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

ROBnTANK

Good to hear about all of these success stories. I woke up one morning last March and just said to myself that I'm done smoking. I have not had one since. It was a battle in the beginning.

bholder817

Great job on deciding to quit! It is a tough thing to do. And no judgement here if you fall off the wagon. You just gotta get back on. Some are stronger than others. I couldn't do it cold turkey when I finally stopped. I would have a smoke but just enough to get the craving to go away and then threw it away. But told myself it was gross while I was doing it. Took just a few months and now I smell smoke and think it is gross. Just gotta reprogram your brain/habits.

metalic

So I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey for New Years. I literally have not slept this great in a long time. 16 years smoking and literally can breathe like I never thought it could.

If you smoke, stop!

Congratulations and keep up the good work. I'm a year and a half smoke free myself and can tell you that you'll only feel better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I gotta do that. I quit for years and start again when life's tragedies hit. I know not an excuse but it is a nasty habit.

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like I tell people who smoke, you are going to quit when YOU are ready to quit. Only that sucks is I was in better shape when I was a smoker and ate more food when I smoke, drank and partied. Hmm, maybe I should start up again. LOL. I'm getting older and just need to work at that part of my life, but I added years to my life when I quit and I quit before my fingers started to turn yellow.

naysjp

Caught the Bug

Have you finished that pack yet? If not, make sure you smoke every single one by yourself and don't give any away. Tell yourself that this is the last pack that you will spend money on That's what I did when I had that pack of cigarettes. I finished the last pack and didn't buy another. If your in the middle of a Jeep build, take what you spent on a pack of cigarettes and start a Jeep fund and see how much is in there 6 months, 9 months or in December.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Good to hear about all of these success stories. I woke up one morning last March and just said to myself that I'm done smoking. I have not had one since. It was a battle in the beginning.

Congrats! Of course it's a battle. I didn't have a problem if someone was smoking menthols. My problem was if someone was smoking the same brand that I used to smoke. What made it easy was all the smoking laws that were passed here in CA like no smoking in bars and all smoking done outside or no smoking areas anywhere.

Bustedback

I quit right before Christmas. I was tired of spending the money to slowly kill my self. I used one 14mg patch for a day, and one 7mg patch for day two, then forgot to put any more patches on. It was easy for me to quit because I was ready.

holliewood61

Good for you man. I would quit, but i love these damn things. Plus, cancer isn't nearly stupid enough thing to kill me. Ill probably die after being trampled by the bison i just fed meth to.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom