SNOBALL - Northeast build

big dr

Very nice start! I too love to see another 2 door build! Ya better start saving for the gears and lockers:brows:

JohnnyD

Got the lockers (electric ) and yes ....I see....wait it's coming ....clearer now....YUP 37's ...sheesh..(smacks forehead ) ....ugh ... I paid how much for that fortune?

Kidding.. I been thinkin on gears for awhile..the 410's do an admirable job with 35's...they really do...especially after using the flash cal..BUT I did lose some gumshin...

I have driven 4.88 in an auto jkur with 35's and 5.13 in a manual jkur with 37's..2012 and 2013 respectively....hafta say that 2013 manual was the shit..

But I digress , I'm lazy and love point and shoot..4.88 more than adequate IMO for my rig...at least that is where I am this week...lol

mcicero

Great Build. Love the white. I have the same thing in a 4 door. Could you provide some more information on what you did with the tweeters? I am not in a position to change the stereo out yet but would love to get some more out of it if I could.

JohnnyD

Great Build. Love the white. I have the same thing in a 4 door. Could you provide some more information on what you did with the tweeters? I am not in a position to change the stereo out yet but would love to get some more out of it if I could.

Sure, take the tweets out, take out the 3.3 uf cap and replace with 33 uf cap, done.

Opens up the tweets down to somewhere around 2kHz versus stock 12kHz....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Sure, take the tweets out, take out the 3.3 uf cap and replace with 33 uf cap, done.

Opens up the tweets down to somewhere around 2kHz versus stock 12kHz....

Thanks for this little mod, does it matter what volt the cap is? Going to try this.

JohnnyD

MBRP exhaust went on today...loving the clearance ...sounds good at idle no real drone...sounds a bit buggyish if that makes sense...def could be a bit lower tone

Very well made, everything went in very easily...got stock out in 15 min and new went in another 15...prolly easiest mod I've done so far.

Arms goin in this weekend!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648615.025160.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648626.558412.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648639.982933.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648655.974045.jpg

JohnnyD

OK, quickest reversal ever...this exhaust is history...back in the box stock back in place...

My previous post was literally just after I installed and still on the new shit high...

I enjoy my silence when I can get it...and this ain't it. Stock it is until I bash it up and it don't work no mo...

This is no way a reflection on the product itself, I just can't do it, I like my silence too much...

JohnnyD

Arms are in....

Gotta say the addition of the front lowers provided the most substantial change in ride...absolutely amazing change...IMO

The Clayton arms are super beefy...amazingly so..

Took her out for a night run with buddy...rolled over some serious stuff ...not a care in the world....life is good today

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434860667.606556.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434860700.129274.jpg

JohnnyD

Ok guys figured a proper post for the arms necessary.

I went with a complete Clayton short arm setup.

Claytons instructions are sparse but complete with very good recommendations for measurements and how they should be derived.

The product build quality is just stellar, every weld, every joint, just massive arms.... If you have any doubt about these arms just put outta ya mind now. They are awesome. Only improvement I could see is making them on ride adjustable..that's it

I took the jeep for a ride at each step, with most significant changes in ride quality happening with the front lowers and the rear uppers, but who knows if this way of testing is valid, I just like knowing what every change does.

Install wasn't bad, had to grind off the tabs on the front lower mounts and paint but that went well. Getting all the holes to line up was a bit of bitch but this is due more to my inexperience than any else...

I also got a rear track bar bracket that will replace my RK one at some point...I'm tired and sore from doin this shit (waaaaahh) and gunna save it for another weekend comin up...

Grind and paint front lower mounts
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435002910.514815.jpg

Think this might be a dup..I didn't take a whole lotta pictures as for at least half the day it rained and I was soaked to bone...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435002983.469594.jpg

So all in all in very happy so far....I'm interested in hearing opinions on my next point...

It seems I am getting ALOT more droop that I did previously, my front sensor lines were never tight at full droop before the arm change now they are....disconcertingly so...I am using the synergy brackets for extension but I am concerned how tight they get even with the extension

I didn't think this would happen with the arm change but I guess stands to reason where the stock arms would bind these don't ....opinions???

noroad

how much thread is left on that front upper, thing looks way out? just wana make sure you have a good amount left in! looks good man we have their arms on our blue jeep!

JohnnyD

Why does it seem that the upper arm Joint is extended out really far?

Yeah there is about 2 inches left inside, it's long , based on the angles and CLAYTONS recommendation that's where it should be, I measured eight flippin times before they went in lol

Top Bottom