Snorkel

tharb5111

I also read the rugged ridge snorkel creates a bad blind spot since it runs up windshield. Also read the joints are prone to separate if you don't attach them just right. Saw a few write ups where the joints had slid apart turning it into a straw. One jeeper even had hydro lock from this. The design allows no room for error on install and I'm concerned I'd become ocd always worried the pieces had come apart or my seals were no longer water tight. Aev or arb looks a bit less prone to these install issues in my view.

Mike Chapman

I have the Rugged Ridge Snorkel on my Jeep...

Granted I have the 3.8L Low Output but I figure the Install is the same for the 3.6, about 2 hrs and a six pack... Its Clean and doesn't really Interfere with visibility. Yes, I lost the ability to put a light on the Passenger side...but my wife doesn't like looking where I take the jeep anyways so no loss.

I did notice a small pick up off the line with acceleration. Nothing else though, so its not a real big performance mod.. Its never leaked water because I sealed the Holey Crap out of the connections, but to be honest I didn't get it for water crossing... I got it for cold air to help out my Hamster motor...

I like it because it goes through the cowl...not across the hood or down the front fender...

Just My opinion!

Top Bottom