So this kinda scares me

What was the root cause that resulted in having the head replaced?

They said I had to have the cylinder 6 misfire code and they then told me they heard the characteristic "tick" at idle under the hood, and they said it was protocol to replace the head at that point.

My Jeep didn't actually have any noticeable changes other than the check engine light. I think my gas mileage dropped a little but I had no noticeable misfiring at idle or anything like that.

BeniaminV

There is a flash for 15/16 MY's that addresses a misfire. NEVER simply clear the code while under warranty. Even if it goes to a stored status you want the dealer to be able to pull a scan report using WITEC. It will show the stored data. This kind of info is crucial for proper diagnosis.

I didn't reset or deleted any codes. The CEL is still on and I'm going to the dealer on Saturday to have a technician look at it. Diagnose it. And start a paper trail in the event anything goes wrong.

sandfrog

I didn't reset or deleted any codes. The CEL is still on and I'm going to the dealer on Saturday to have a technician look at it. Diagnose it. And start a paper trail in the event anything goes wrong.

Perfect. That is the way to go. If it is still on then the misfire is still present. Some have seen a simple fix such as a bad coil or even bad fuel. As for the head issue these have been worked out. There is a slim chance but personally I doubt it. The flashes for the 15/16 misfire issues were released early this year. Nothing to really sweat. You'll be fine and there is no doubt it will be taken care of. The 3.6 is a great motor. All will be good soon. Keep us posted though. Knowing the outcome and the fix for the issue as a community is always a good thing

Cheers

Top Bottom