SoCal Group

jesse3638

Hooked
Yep, took it down to a local shop. A recommendation from friend up here close to the house. They jumped right on it did a great job and were inexpensive.. Happy to find a god welder up here.
Didn't know God welded?

Glad you got it all fixed. I installed my lift myself and the jam nuts kept coming loose shortly after. I just kept an eye on things and retorqued as necessary. They finally stayed put.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Didn't know God welded?

Glad you got it all fixed. I installed my lift myself and the jam nuts kept coming loose shortly after. I just kept an eye on things and retorqued as necessary. They finally stayed put.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It wasn't just jamb nuts but I've spoken to the shop that did the work and was assured it would be looked into and an apology was tendered. And yes I did do more then 1 trip without checking things in between.

And God has to be a great welder..:brows:

BaddestCross

It wasn't just jamb nuts but I've spoken to the shop that did the work and was assured it would be looked into and an apology was tendered. And yes I did do more then 1 trip without checking things in between.

And God has to be a great welder..:brows:
I guess the guy that did your track bar bracket is still on staff. [emoji23]

Glad you caught it before things got messy.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Slimebones

Correct, I found it after getting home in Colorado. The bolt had come loose (backed into the extended bump stop which kept it from falling out) and resulted in the control arm twisting the bracket. The outside plate of that mount then broke loose where it was welded to the flange of the axle. I bent everything back into place and added some additional plates to beef up the bracket and it got me through the year. I am going to add some additional metal soon in hopes to further strengthen it. Flimsy-ass brackets. We have another member here, H8ROADS, who also ripped the same one off his axle a year ago!!

Slimebones

Correct, I found it after getting home in Colorado. The bolt had come loose (backed into the extended bump stop which kept it from falling out) and resulted in the control arm twisting the bracket. The outside plate of that mount then broke loose where it was welded to the flange of the axle. I bent everything back into place and added some additional plates to beef up the bracket and it got me through the year. I am going to add some additional metal soon in hopes to further strengthen it. Flimsy-ass brackets. We have another member here, H8ROADS, who also ripped the same one off his axle a year ago!!
Here is a poor shot of it twisted and broken 1373954427.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom