Soft top fail!

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
They had 2 other Jeeps besides mine from Hawaii too...

The sticker is on the passenger side under the tail light. I just don't want to scratch the paint.

Not sure if you took care of this but try hitting it with alcohol then some wax.

Aeraun

Ha nice pictures. Its funny that people would try to mess with the tops when they obviously have no clue what they are doing. That last pic was something else. How could you think that's how it goes? Lol. But I have to let the window corners slide because mine do the same thing. They don't reach all the way into the frame piece. I've tried every which way and have been told that that's just the way it is. I duno, maybe I'm just as dumb as the tourists when it comes to that lol

Hightower

I could sell them my old hardtop I'll even through in a few cool stickers !

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

joshpfef

My wife and I got married in September and went to St. John in the USVI on our honeymoon. We rented a two door JK, and took the top down before pulling out of the airport in St. Thomas. I couldn't fully appreciate the JK at first since I was getting used to driving on the left hand side of the road in a LHD Jeep, but once we got off the ferry in St. John, it was an amazing experience. My wife and I had both owned TJs in the past, and even commented on how nice it was to know how to put the soft top on and take it off, and how awful it would have been to try figuring it out after driving a Prius or something.

Taking the top back down after putting it up overnight.
IMG_4095.jpg

A tiny handful of the mass amounts of JKs roaming the mountains. It was the telltale sign of a tourist there.
IMG_4172.jpg

jango

When I went to Hawaii we rented a JKU, it had a hard top. My friends and I were about to take it off only to find out the rental dealer had used sheet metal screws to screw together the hinges so they could never be opened :doh:.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thread revival.

Been seeing a lot of these on vacation again this year. This one was great.
IMG_2358.jpg

"Just let everything hang there, it'll be fine."

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
My Jeep was originally a rental in Hawaii and my soft top is trashed because of what the tourists did to it. I've had to replace all zippers and my hardware is all jacked up

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

My Jeep was originally a rental in Hawaii and my soft top is trashed because of what the tourists did to it. I've had to replace all zippers and my hardware is all jacked up

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Mine was a Hawaiian rental too. Only damage to mine were from the front doors swinging wide open denting the cowels. Top windows were scratched but I considered it normal.

cbmatt66

My jeep was also a Hawaiian rental with a hard top. It was in pretty good shape with a few scratches, the hard top panels are beat up pretty good and the gas tank skid plate was scratched and dented. I found a few pieces of lava rock inside the grill.

jesse3638

Hooked
Being a hard top owner (Nearly 12 months with it off) I'd be a bit lost as to how to operate the soft top. I'm sure using a couple of these pics I could figure it out though. The most recent ones look good..haha

Top Bottom