Soft Top Options?

Jacalore

I would think it just comes down to personal preference. Whether you would like a glass back window or a plastic one. Me personally i would have a tough time choosing either. But id just be happy to be rid of the zippers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know that the Trektop Pro rear glass is removable, but it certainly doesn't sound convenient. Not with the unscrewing bolts and disconnecting struts. The Glide is about the equivelent of unzipping. Guess you can't have it all. I like coming home from the beach with the rear window out, forward windows and overhead open. Nice flow, and doesn't beat you up on the hwy. But, maybe the side windows open (pro) would be the equivalent? Lotta pressure on back glass window? Can't travel with Pro window up?

Jacalore

Can anyone with a Trektop Pro verify if the back window can be open while you travel, or must it be closed? Thanks.

JKU Arizona

Can anyone with a Trektop Pro verify if the back window can be open while you travel, or must it be closed? Thanks.

I have the pro and I would NOT travel with the rear window in the open position. It's really easy to remove and i usually remove it before going out on a trail. There's a bunch of pros and cons about this top. The back windows do slide open, it doesn't matter if they're open or closed doesn't affect the noise inside. It is however much quieter than a regular NX top.

my wife's Jeep has a oem softtop that glides back and we love that option makes going topless really easy. Her's also has the zippers in the back she does NOT mind opening and closing the back window, it really isn't that hard to do. On here top it has 2 zippers on the back window. One fully zips the window and goes all the way to the right and the otherone stays on the left side. When we need to open the window up we partially zip both zippers up to the corner and throw the window up on the roof area (still zipped). really easy to do takes less than a minute.

Now for comparison with the oem top on a JKU:
The pro doesn't go all the way back to have both the front and passengers without a top just the front area opens up. Her OEM top goes all the way back (like the Glide) and we both like that option and for this very reason she doesn't want to go with a top like mine or a regular NX top.

On the NX pro the back windows are all glass and removable, you could slide the side windows out and the rear window unbolts off and yes the struts have to be uncliped (not a big deal). The sliding windows are a pain in the ass. Every-time i remove them i have to fight them off and putting them back on is worse. And i've tried putting lubricant on the channel where it slides, they even sent me a new pair of rear sliding windows and still a pain (but it doesn't bother me).

On the OEM top it is wwwwaaaaayyyy easier to unzip and zip everything back on/off vs sliding the windows on the PRO.

It seems like you want to do the least amount of work possible so if opening the back window is the only thing your concern with then yes the PRO works great in that area. All the other parts of the Pro require some work (going completely topless, removing windows ect..) Reason i got the Pro was because i wanted a soft-top and the glass windows seemed nice also.

What ever route you go with pay the extra money for the twill material, you get lifetime warranty and it's come in handy a few times on my pro.

20170605_072153 1.jpg

This is with all Windows and front frame rails removed. Don't mind the strapped wheel, EVO tire carrier coming soon :D

20170513_140336.jpg

Jacalore

I have the pro and I would NOT travel with the rear window in the open position. It's really easy to remove and i usually remove it before going out on a trail. There's a bunch of pros and cons about this top. The back windows do slide open, it doesn't matter if they're open or closed doesn't affect the noise inside. It is however much quieter than a regular NX top.

my wife's Jeep has a oem softtop that glides back and we love that option makes going topless really easy. Her's also has the zippers in the back she does NOT mind opening and closing the back window, it really isn't that hard to do. On here top it has 2 zippers on the back window. One fully zips the window and goes all the way to the right and the otherone stays on the left side. When we need to open the window up we partially zip both zippers up to the corner and throw the window up on the roof area (still zipped). really easy to do takes less than a minute.

Now for comparison with the oem top on a JKU:
The pro doesn't go all the way back to have both the front and passengers without a top just the front area opens up. Her OEM top goes all the way back (like the Glide) and we both like that option and for this very reason she doesn't want to go with a top like mine or a regular NX top.

On the NX pro the back windows are all glass and removable, you could slide the side windows out and the rear window unbolts off and yes the struts have to be uncliped (not a big deal). The sliding windows are a pain in the ass. Every-time i remove them i have to fight them off and putting them back on is worse. And i've tried putting lubricant on the channel where it slides, they even sent me a new pair of rear sliding windows and still a pain (but it doesn't bother me).

On the OEM top it is wwwwaaaaayyyy easier to unzip and zip everything back on/off vs sliding the windows on the PRO.

It seems like you want to do the least amount of work possible so if opening the back window is the only thing your concern with then yes the PRO works great in that area. All the other parts of the Pro require some work (going completely topless, removing windows ect..) Reason i got the Pro was because i wanted a soft-top and the glass windows seemed nice also.

What ever route you go with pay the extra money for the twill material, you get lifetime warranty and it's come in handy a few times on my pro.

View attachment 266909

This is with all Windows and front frame rails removed. Don't mind the strapped wheel, EVO tire carrier coming soon :D

View attachment 266910
Excellent!
Thank you.

Jacalore

I've cycled thru the hardtop, Trektop Pro, Supertop, around to the NX Plus and Glide...

Think I'm going with the Glide in Twill... almost sure, not 100% yet - don't know why this is such a difficult decision!

The reviews seem to be mostly positive on the Glide, except some say sliding the side windows back on can be a PIA. Unclear if the rear window slides out and you roll it up, or need to fit it into a protective sleeve?

It's the Glide or the NX Plus.

Or not, could be the Pro...

Just shoot me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom