Soft tops

sipafz

Caught the Bug
A friend bought a brand new JLU this week so I helped her remove / store the hardtop and mount the factory soft top. Not sure I’m a fan of the zipperless windows. The doors look to be a bigger PITA to remove as well.

IMG_9332.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
A friend bought a brand new JLU this week so I helped her remove / store the hardtop and mount the factory soft top. Not sure I’m a fan of the zipperless windows. The doors look to be a bigger PITA to remove as well.

View attachment 329859

They have one more bolt you have to remove. Not too much more difficult.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Another vote for the NX for 6 months and hard top for winter. The harken hoist makes for an easy removal.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I've had my 09 JKU since new have always used my soft Top. Just recently replaced my factory softop with the new Trektop NX In Twill. Really like it. Almost as quiet as my wife's 19 Jl Wrangler with Hard Top. IMG_20190531_173014_759.jpg

His: 2009 JKU Flame Red.
Her's: 2019 JL Bikini Pearl.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

View attachment 329859

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Yes, one more bolt, but the light weight aluminum doors make up for it. When I pulled the first door off the little woman's JL, I nearly three it in the air, as I had just pulled the doors on my JK.

Been wondering if I can get away with a soft top year round in SoCal . Not worried about weather or leaks or highway noise but mostly about people slashing it and getting into my Jeep which is parked in an outdoor spot . Sure would be nice tho . Freedom tops don’t do all that much and taking top off is horrendous . Had a soft top on a rental in Hawaii and used it constantly

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I with you on this one... I really want one, but I trust nobody here.

I've been running my soft top for about 2 years now. No issues, but I don't live in the good part of town like you guys. [emoji41]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I think that the answer is that it depends on what part of the city you live in, and if you park in a garage.

I just got a soft top for mine, and if it works out, I may never put the hard top back on.

All I need now is time to work on it

sipafz

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Yes, one more bolt, but the light weight aluminum doors make up for it. When I pulled the first door off the little woman's JL, I nearly three it in the air, as I had just pulled the doors on my JK.

Off topic, but I noticed that each door has a woven nylon limiting strap and the new metal strap. I’m not sure what the point of that is? Can you just remove the metal one permanently?

Napalm

Off topic, but I noticed that each door has a woven nylon limiting strap and the new metal strap. I’m not sure what the point of that is? Can you just remove the metal one permanently?

If we are thinking about the same metal piece, this is what allows the JL door to be held in place. Unlike the JK doors that just kind of did what they want, this metal rod allows the doors to stop in several different open positions.

Remi is at the dealer or I’d snap a picture to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If we are thinking about the same metal piece, this is what allows the JL door to be held in place. Unlike the JK doors that just kind of did what they want, this metal rod allows the doors to stop in several different open positions.

Remi is at the dealer or I’d snap a picture to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

We’re talking about the same piece. Can you just remove it?

Danitron

I've had my 09 JKU since new have always used my soft Top. Just recently replaced my factory softop with the new Trektop NX In Twill. Really like it. Almost as quiet as my wife's 19 Jl Wrangler with Hard Top. View attachment 329882

His: 2009 JKU Flame Red.
Her's: 2019 JL Bikini Pearl.

How did you get rid of the bowing of the Trektop NX?

Also for all, here is a comparison of the Bestop and Rampage with similar commenting on soft tops in general from a couple years back:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...stop-Trektop-NX-to-Rampage-Trailview-Soft-Top

Top Bottom