Softening the ride in my YJ?

John82601

I'm running a Trail Master kit on our YJ. It came stock with 4 leafs in the front and 5 leafs in the rear. The ride was poor to say the least. I removed the shortest leaf from both the front and rear packs leaving it with 3ft / 4rr. Between that, removing the track bars and sway bars, the ride improved IMMENSELY. I did lose some height which I added back with a 1" body lift.

Jdavid

I have a TJ and a YJ, on my YJ I put the Deaver leaf springs with ADS shocks (quality shock, custom valved) and MORE shock relocation brackets so the shocks would not limit the travel. The ride is awesome and I would say almost better than my TJ with a metalcloak lift and fox shocks, and the flex is great as well. The Deaver springs are the best you can get in my opinion for the YJ, they are worth the extra money.

jeepsheets

Thanks for the info. I’ve been away from the site for a while and just saw this. I’ve never heard of shock relocation brackets. I’ll definitely lo k into what you said. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

xrtracker

I have a ratted out 94 YJ with OME springs and Rancho shocks. It does not ride as plush as my TJ but is noticeably more plush than my CJ. I run around 28 PSI but admittedly I do not check air pressure like I should.

Top Bottom