Something isn't right.. Need some help

jeeeep

Hooked
it look like the condensation outlet, which would explain the hissing sound as that water hits hot parts...
sounds like your Jeep is fairly new and if you're worried about it take it to the dealer they shouldn't charge you to look at it.

B-rab

Isn't that the A/C condensate drainage tube? Can't tell by the pic very well... Is that tube located under where the dash is?

I believe so but does anybody jeep leave a puddle this big After a few minutes? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377718107.171093.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE! B-l2ab!

GimmePaw

I believe so but does anybody jeep leave a puddle this big After a few minutes? View attachment 46553

Well, I get a puddle about a foot and a half in diameter after idling for 15 - 30 minutes. I'd say that looks pretty normal. One way to be sure, turn the a/c off an leave it off, then drive the jeep for about 20 minutes or so - taking left and right turns, and going uphill & down hill (to get all the condensate out of the pan & out the tubes. Then idle it for a bit and check underneath. If there's no more puddle, that was your problem most likely.

This still doesn't answer the issue of what the loud metallic clank sound was though. Maybe you ran over a piece of road debris, it hit the underside of the jeep which caused you to look under there and notice the (normal) a/c condensate draining? Or maybe something inside the jeep slid or rolled and made the noise?:idontknow:

B-rab

Lol yeah no clue I know it was something metal to metal that hit but o well I'm just happy to have my baby back!

jeeeep

Hooked
yea mine leaves a puddle a little bigger than that and sometimes it flows so fast others will tell me something is leaking from my jeep, but it's hot and humid here.

B-rab

Yeah I'm in Vegas so if it doesn't have 3 digits it not hott lol
Thanks for info everyone!

Top Bottom