Something sad happened last night

CrazyJKer

First off I'm going to say, Hello everybody! I am new to the forum and am the owner of a 2007 Jeep JKU Sahara. I have had my Jeep for just over 2 years, and I love it. I joined this forum because I want to get into the Jeeping lifestyle and from watching the Youtube videos that's what got me real interested. If you want to find out more about me, just ask.

Now for the matter at hand.

I've been cruising around with my doors off and top down for about 2 weeks now and I have had no issues. Last night I went out with some buds, they said "Let's take the Jeep." So, naturally I couldn't decline, drove the Jeep to the bar, and there she sat for about 3 hours. While we were having fun, what most logically made sense was.. My Jeep was sitting in a decently lit populated area. When what I assume was some drunk people tried to break in my Glove box, luckily I didn't have anything of value in my Jeep, and my glove box was locked so all they managed to do it break the latch. Now I am stumped on how to fix it.

This is what it looks like.

View attachment 44890
attachment.php

Help me please Thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture isn't loading. Not sure what needs fixed. But in the future I'd leave everything unlocked and empty.

People suck.

Yes indeed, never lock anything when doorless it prevent stupid people doing stupid things. Of course, don't let anything valuable inside!!

Good luck for the fix. I can't see the picture either but if the latch is broken all I can say is getting a new glovebox :\

Mine got broken into in New Haven, CT and the jerks broke the handle off as well. Just go to the dealer and get a new one. Its not a very expensive part and its only a few screws to change it yourself

i had a viper alarm 5704,with the proximity sensor installed and it has a 2 way pager...you can't even get close to it without warning you or going off....best investment ever :twocents:

Robar;162009 Best thing is to never leave anything in the jeep that you don't want someone else to have.[/QUOTE said:
Agreed. I had my rig broken into before and always follow this now. Scumbags stole a bunch of crap from me and another jeep.

I'd recommend the tuffy box too. Probably less expensive than trying to fix the broken plastic one.

You could also call junk yards and see if any of them have one.

I disagree. If I remember correctly it was a 30-something dollar part. The tuffy glove box is like $150

It's sad but that's just the world we live in

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

That blows. I have a whole glove box in mint shape. I had the same thing happen so I bought this one but never installed it. It's the wrong color. It's the tan/ green color?. It's yours for $30 shipped.

Picture isn't loading. Not sure what needs fixed. But in the future I'd leave everything unlocked and empty.

People suck.

Yep! ^.

I have a underseat tuffy for insurance cards, regestration. Because people steal those and then hit your house. :( trust me, it happened to us.
Leave it unlocked, leave a pair of cheap sunglasses in there so they have something to take. then they don't get pissed and cut up your seats.

All personal experiences.

Yep! ^.

I have a underseat tuffy for insurance cards, regestration. Because people steal those and then hit your house. :( trust me, it happened to us.
Leave it unlocked, leave a pair of cheap sunglasses in there so they have something to take. then they don't get pissed and cut up your seats.

Man thats f! $€^d up.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Yep! ^.

Ouch... Such dicks, I really hope I never catch one doing that on my rigs. Might just get me into more problem :stick hiting:

When I had my JKU for only about 2 weeks, I walked outside one morning to go to work and the driver side soft top window was zipped off and left in the trunk. Someone climbed in and stole my iPod and CDs which were in the middle armrest. Was parked right in front of my house too. It is very unfortunate that these are the things we must deal with but they are going to happen, there's not much we can do about it but definitely don't let it stop you from anything. I just wished I had caught the scumbag in the act.

Last winter, november?, i had forgot my work bag in my jeep (i never do that) and the next morning the door was wide open my bag was gone and my boxes had beengone through. Probably junkies since they went right past my check book and my oakleys.

Like mentioned before leave everything unlocked and nothing in there! I keep my insurance other stuff tucked inside the roll cage I take all my tools out and just leave what I need under the rear gate thingy

Here's the Picture. Thanks for the insight I will defiantly keep all of that advise into consideration. I'll leave all of my stuff unlocked, and put in my old mp3 player that doesn't work, and some cheap foakleys to make it see like they got a big score. I count myself lucky that they didn't go for my soft top windows that I forgot was in the back. But like I said it was parked in a populated area and they must of seen someone wither watching or some people walking by and stopped before they can do any real damage.

Broken Jeep glove box.jpg

That blows. I have a whole glove box in mint shape. I had the same thing happen so I bought this one but never installed it. It's the wrong color. It's the tan/ green color?. It's yours for $30 shipped.

Thanks for the offer but it's the wrong color.

Top Bottom