South Cow Mountain - September 10th

black pearl

Hooked
I'm pretty sure my father in law is going to come out as well, with us

Also I'm going over the map trying to pick trails. I've got a couple picked, and some we can discuss on site.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJIN4LO

I'm pretty sure my father in law is going to come out as well, with us

Also I'm going over the map trying to pick trails. I've got a couple picked, and some we can discuss on site.

Awesome!

How hot does it get out there and how are the roads on the way in? Can I expect much elevation?

I ran really hot on the way to Tahoe Saturday and almost cooked it :(, just really doesn't like high ambient temps and steep grades.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Awesome!

How hot does it get out there and how are the roads on the way in? Can I expect much elevation?

I ran really hot on the way to Tahoe Saturday and almost cooked it :(, just really doesn't like high ambient temps and steep grades.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

The grade Is mild going there. the climb up the road to the park is only a few miles and maybe moderate. I think temp will be high 70s to mid 80s.

black pearl

Hooked
They ran a hydrocarbon test and it has a clean bill of health, and the O2 sensor was just a melted wire as it touched the exhaust (can't believe I did not see that I even had a look), so I am good to go!

Always great when they get a good check up!
I'm putting my jeep back together right now.

G-mansjk

pin stripping is pretty much unavoidable anywhere on cow, but below the obstacle course there are some fun trails with ample room to play without dragging brush... it has been hanging around the high 90s to low 100s all this month but they are calling for a cool down. I can suggest some wider trails or fun loops if needed. I live 15 min away so I get around cow just a bit haha... I wish I could go for this trip and meet some members but I'll be slaving away

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
pin stripping is pretty much unavoidable anywhere on cow, but below the obstacle course there are some fun trails with ample room to play without dragging brush... it has been hanging around the high 90s to low 100s all this month but they are calling for a cool down. I can suggest some wider trails or fun loops if needed. I live 15 min away so I get around cow just a bit haha... I wish I could go for this trip and meet some members but I'll be slaving away

Thanks you for a locals up date, it's hard to tell sometimes if the weather app is going to be accurate.

I try to get up there about twice a month to run trails. Most of what I'm planning for this run is below the obstacle course.

I don't pay attention to pin striping any more. [emoji23]

G-mansjk

I used to be really anal about my baby inside and out... now I'm on my second jeep and I still care but there are no shits given about paint... it's more the sound of dragging brush that gets me now, if it's more than 10 min of the dreaded screeching haha but, spill something on my seats and it'll be blood stains on the interior haha... Maybe it's just the soldier in me but I like nice stuff... all below the wall is wide open... tail 2 and benmore loop are tight but negotiable with minimal dragging.

Top Bottom