SpaceCoastJeeper's 2DR Hydro Blue Overland Build

I moved to Florida a few months back and decided that the Honda Accord that I was driving just didn't fit the lifestyle that I was going for. So I researched for weeks trying to find exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a barebones two-door sport with a soft-top. The only optional extra that I wanted was A/C. I wasn't interested in leather, bluetooth, power windows, or power seats.

After several weeks and haggling back and forth with dealerships, I finally found exactly what I was looking for about 100 miles away. It was a 2015 Sport in Hydro Blue Pearlcoat. I immediately fell in love with the color and drove out to the dealer to sign the paperwork. I ended up getting it for exactly $24k out-the-door after tax, tag, and title. I have to admit, coming from a smooth-driving Honda Accord, the 100 mile drive home down I-95 in the "brick on wheels" was an eye-opening experience, but I was hooked.

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

I got bit by the mod bug pretty quickly and less than a week later I had ordered a bunch of goodies. I started out small, with floor mats, rear grab handles, a stubby antenna, and the mesh grill mod.

IMG_2194.jpgIMG_2195.jpgIMG_2199.jpgIMG_2201.jpgIMG_2193.jpg

I drove it around like this until I decided that the stock steelies and tires had to go. I wasn't a big fan of the mail Jeep look and the stock tires were slipping and sliding a lot in the heavy Florida rain. I wasn't ready to put down a ton of money on new wheels so I got a pair of take-off 17" Moab wheels off of Craigslist. I didn't want to run wheel spacers, didn't want to get a lift yet, and I needed to keep some semblance of decent gas mileage, so I settled on a set of 255/80r17 BFG KM2s. I honestly can't say enough good things about these tires. Road noise is very manageable and they handle great.

IMG_2213.jpg

AEV Procal was next to get my speedo and odo back to normal. Can't recommend this product enough!

IMG_2287.jpg

It was about at this point that I decided I wanted to take this build in an Overlanding direction and eventually take it out to Colorado, Moab, BC, Alaska, etc. As fellow owners of 2-doors are well aware, space is a major concern, especially for long trips. I ordered a Gobi Ranger rack as I wanted a rack that didn't require any drilling and I read nothing but positive reviews. It should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks. After the rack, my plans are to add a 2.5" OME HD suspension lift, front and rear AEV bumpers, AEV tire carrier with fuel caddy, CB radio, and winch.

Until then, I've been exploring as much of Florida as I can. I've been blown away by how capable an almost stock Sport is. It's handled everything I've thrown at it without a hint of trouble.

IMG_2404.jpgIMG_2417.jpgIMG_2418.jpgIMG_2406.jpgIMG_2420.jpgIMG_2422.jpg

Glad your having a good time with your new Way-a-life. Your off to a great start! ENJOY!:thumb:

Welcome from a fellow space coaster! Check out Space Coast Jeep Club on Facebook or Online! Awesome group of Jeepers and we have a meet and greet June 10th!

10553547_10204281155729676_3190658270979463173_n.jpg

Top Bottom