Spare tire inside the Rig..

CRAZYCASEY

2 options with a 35. You could do like my friend in his LJ and fab up something to mount it off of your roll cage in the back. It would probably need to be tied in to something other than just the stock roll cage though.

My 40 would not fit that way without hanging out 5" so I cut out the bottom of the tub sunk it in about 6" and built a mount for it there.

Attachments

• image-3432554011.jpg
    image-3432554011.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 488
  • image-2319465949.jpg
    image-2319465949.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 491

robertgreen79

Simple...but what about storage space? The LJ set up could be more mall-crawler friendly (groceries!)

That's what I was thinking too. I need to measure and find out if I can squeeze it in there between the rollbars, at an angle, with enough room for a trektop window to close.

JKU EXTREME

So I've been looking at mounting my spare inside, and I've seen the way Mel mounted his taking the tailgate off, and a few of the JK Experience rigs were doing the same thing.. Does anyone have any photos of this.. Or how they mounted it inside so it sticks out a little where the tailgate usually is?? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a great spring!!

PGH08

Not sure if I'm too late. But I have a buddy who keeps his 40" tire in hi stuffy security box and modified it to fit up to a 40"

JKU EXTREME

So it's in the trunk area. I'd rig up some kind of basket over it for cargo.
That's a sweet two door, especially the corners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it's in the trunk area, it's inside the Tuffy compartment, be he fabricated an enclosure to accommodate up to a 42" tall tire.
Ya it is sweet, he chopped the gram, fabed are rear bumper, the skins, chopped the rear quarter panels and moved the axle back 8 inches
It towers over my JKU

GuillaumeC91

So it's in the trunk area. I'd rig up some kind of basket over it for cargo.
That's a sweet two door, especially the corners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is one sick two door! Tell your buddy we (I) need more pictures! Haha :D:thumbup:

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant remember where I saw it, but a guy with a 2 door made a custom seat out of the stock 2dr back seat. Basically cut it in half and made one side a seat still and the other side held a tire standing up. Seemed like a great idea to still have one extra seat just incase.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Cant remember where I saw it, but a guy with a 2 door made a custom seat out of the stock 2dr back seat. Basically cut it in half and made one side a seat still and the other side held a tire standing up. Seemed like a great idea to still have one extra seat just incase.

That sounds like a good idea I would like to see pic's if you find them:thumb: :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Here it is, if you google "rear seat/tire carrier" it should be easy to find where it was built.

just read further tho, guy said it didnt last as long as he thought it would with how he built it, tubes snapped so now its remade using a seat frame i think and the wheel lays flat. Im sure someone could design it a little better that it would last longer tho.

Attachments

• image-2473045611.jpg
    image-2473045611.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 339
  • image-1196969527.jpg
    image-1196969527.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Here it is, if you google "rear seat/tire carrier" it should be easy to find where it was built.

just read further tho, guy said it didnt last as long as he thought it would with how he built it, tubes snapped so now its remade using a seat frame i think and the wheel lays flat. Im sure someone could design it a little better that it would last longer tho.

he could prob could have used straps around the top of the tire to the floor to hold it better and also make a mini tire carrier on the inside that he could have bolted it to

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
he could prob could have used straps around the top of the tire to the floor to hold it better and also make a mini tire carrier on the inside that he could have bolted it to

It is actually attached to a carrier, you just cant see it unless you look at the build for it.

wish i was the crafty at home, someone needs to jump on that and produce it on a factory level.. and not a china built piece.

Top Bottom