Speakers don't work

Brankz

almost foiled by the non-amp lol...good you found it.

Yea after I run out of options I checked the famous amp fuse on google and this pop up ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411969748.531201.jpg
Replace the lil fuse and boom the country music was back on lol

Thanks for the help :beer:

Amp fuse = amp. See, you have one.

Yea now I know that most modern vehicles have one :) thanks for the help :beer:

Brankz

Never mind! The radio worked again for half a day now I have the same dam problem but now is not a fuse

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Check if you have an amp, if you do it's under the steering wheel. If you do it should be Headunit -> Amp -> Speaker. You'll want to check the connections between all of them. If not it should be directly from the head unit to the speaker. If all the fuses are good, both under the hood in the fuse box, and in the head unit if there are any (most aftermarket units have some in the back), then it's likely a connection problem with the wires, perhaps a short. If all your wires check out, then it could be a bad head unit.

You could always buy an aftermarket head unit to test with and return it, but it might be worth the money to have a shop look at it as they have everything to do the troubleshooting. Best of luck!

Brankz

Check if you have an amp, if you do it's under the steering wheel. If you do it should be Headunit -> Amp -> Speaker. You'll want to check the connections between all of them. If not it should be directly from the head unit to the speaker. If all the fuses are good, both under the hood in the fuse box, and in the head unit if there are any (most aftermarket units have some in the back), then it's likely a connection problem with the wires, perhaps a short. If all your wires check out, then it could be a bad head unit.

You could always buy an aftermarket head unit to test with and return it, but it might be worth the money to have a shop look at it as they have everything to do the troubleshooting. Best of luck!

Thanks I'm checking under steering wheel today :thumbs:

Panda

Never mind! The radio worked again for half a day now I have the same dam problem but now is not a fuse

Did you replace the fuse again or just look at it? Sometimes the fuse can be blown and still look good, double check by replacing the fuse again and if that's the case you've got a short in the amp wires somewhere

jeeeep

Hooked
double check your fuse and check for a separate amp fuse as recommended. It's also possible your TIPM or PDC is going bad.

my rear door power locks would work and not work before they finally failed. After trying to find the fuse/relay, I was informed the relay is in the TIPM and not replaceable. Didn't feel like I should have to spend $1k for a replacement TIPM since it's design does not allow for relay replacement only.

Thanks to another WAL member for I found a TIPM at moparpartsoverstock for a lot less

Brankz

double check your fuse and check for a separate amp fuse as recommended. It's also possible your TIPM or PDC is going bad.

my rear door power locks would work and not work before they finally failed. After trying to find the fuse/relay, I was informed the relay is in the TIPM and not replaceable. Didn't feel like I should have to spend $1k for a replacement TIPM since it's design does not allow for relay replacement only.

Thanks to another WAL member for I found a TIPM at moparpartsoverstock for a lot less

What is the tipm?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Lol ya I'm taking pics tomorrow crossing my fingers that's my problem

I had this happen as we'll.. I just started pushing buttons and it worked again. I remember a specific button made it start working but it's escaping me. It was obvious when I hit it

Brankz

I had this happen as we'll.. I just started pushing buttons and it worked again. I remember a specific button made it start working but it's escaping me. It was obvious when I hit it

Yea but I reset the computer and the head unit so that can't be :( I'm taking it tomorrow in the shop

Top Bottom