Speakers

utiadam

LOSER
Are the tweeters you guys are using plug and play or did you use cross overs for them

You have to cut off the factory plugs from the jeep. Any of the JL C2, C3, or C5 will have passive crossovers. It's the little box next to the speakers in my picture earlier. I am actually runing them active without crossovers and the headunit controls the frequencies. But I am also using 3 separate JL amplifiers (1 for tweeters, 1 for mids, and 1 for subwoofer).

JKWrang

Anyone know what I'd have to do to get Polk audio speakers to work in the sound bar? The size is right but they're not plug and play

tonytony9

Anyone know what I'd have to do to get Polk audio speakers to work in the sound bar? The size is right but they're not plug and play

Rewire them. Or cut the old plug off. I'm about to do a complete rewire with new speakers and amp plus putting in a amp/woofer. If you wait about a week I'll post a how to/little build thread type of thing.

JKWrang

Rewire them. Or cut the old plug off. I'm about to do a complete rewire with new speakers and amp plus putting in a amp/woofer. If you wait about a week I'll post a how to/little build thread type of thing.

Sold - I'll subscribe for sure

utiadam

LOSER
I did a meca stereo competition today and received 2nd place for sound quality and 1st place for dueling demos.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686730.162496.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686741.444338.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686751.300561.jpg

utiadam

LOSER
Haha yeah well you have some of the best speakers on the market what amps and head unit are you running with your c5s and ZR and what kind of subs?

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
2 JL Audio jx360/4 amps
1 JL Audio jx1000/1d amp
1 JL Audio 10w7 sub

JakeJK

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
2 JL Audio jx360/4 amps
1 JL Audio jx1000/1d amp
1 JL Audio 10w7 sub

Ahhh a w7 I wish haha I'm running 2 JL w0 10s on a jx500 from a Kenwood ddx392 I wish I could afford their top end stuff but I love their lower end stuff as well JL is in my opinion the clearest and most accurate brand out there I love them

JakeJK

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
2 JL Audio jx360/4 amps
1 JL Audio jx1000/1d amp
1 JL Audio 10w7 sub

Wow I looked up your head unit that one has some really cool features, I was running a Kenwood kdc-x997 in my truck with a full JL stereo lower end stuff of course but it was a top of the line kenwood and didn't have the stuff your pioneer has

utiadam

LOSER
Ahhh a w7 I wish haha I'm running 2 JL w0 10s on a jx500 from a Kenwood ddx392 I wish I could afford their top end stuff but I love their lower end stuff as well JL is in my opinion the clearest and most accurate brand out there I love them

Wow I looked up your head unit that one has some really cool features, I was running a Kenwood kdc-x997 in my truck with a full JL stereo lower end stuff of course but it was a top of the line kenwood and didn't have the stuff your pioneer has

I really like JL as well (in case you couldn't tell 😁). The head unit does have a lot of really cool features. It's a really good head unit for the price.

JakeJK

I really like JL as well (in case you couldn't tell 😁). The head unit does have a lot of really cool features. It's a really good head unit for the price.

How did you mount your tweeters In your speaker bar? Just drill a hole?

utiadam

LOSER
How did you mount your tweeters In your speaker bar? Just drill a hole?

The tweeters come with both flush/angle mounting brackets. I did drill a small hole in the sound bar just big enough for the tweeter wiring. I used self tapping screws to hold the bracket on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427754513.210670.jpg

whispike

I installed Kicker speakers all around and a Kicker Hideaway powered sub under the front passenger seat with the stock HU and I love it! It bumps pretty darn good and sounds crystal clear! one of my best upgrades by far!

Petthefish

I installed pioneer 1 inch twitters in the dash where the factory ones were in my 2015 JKU and kicker 6.5 Coaxle in the sound bar and dash. Also in the 2015 next to the 6.5 in the sound bar there is a small 2.5 inch mid so I pulled them and squeezed in a pair of 3 inch pioneer mids. As for bass I went with a MTX RT8PT Road Thunder powered 8" sub. And this system is the best sounding system I have ever had. It's loud but not wake the neighbors loud. And the bass tube is nice cause if I need to I can pull it out for space but is does not take up much room anyway.

Top Bottom