Special Forces Jeep Up Close and Personal!

rodgerdathug

Ok after reading that website posted with info 160k really isn't that bad. With some equipment that's in there. I said it about the HEMTT motors. Again look at a complete base model hmmwv (hummer) with no equipment but a motor trans and body and frame those are 100k (might be more been out for a year) plus

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
For those who want to see the Commando Jeep in action here is a video.

R/
Will

Hopefully this means they will be downsizing their fleets of those shitty Hummers. Although I doubt the Jeeps can be armored up the way a Hummer can.

Glad to see Jeeps back in Military use!

JKsix

Hopefully this means they will be downsizing their fleets of those shitty Hummers. Although I doubt the Jeeps can be armored up the way a Hummer can.

Not likely. The military is moving towards bigger more heavily armored Vics. But SOF have been field testing them for awhile now. Most likely just stay in there arsenals and never reach conventional forces.

jmatta33

its only going to select special ops units, not the entire army. its basically a go between for the sof 4 wheelers and hmv's

RLTW!!!

JKWrang

This will likely see a SOC group, not a typical combat unit. While the Jeep's suspension components can be replaced to support the up-armor, the IED vulnerability would be the limiting factor in a basic ground unit. This looks to be more for the high mobility units that could otherwise be hindered by an MRAP or something heavy like that.

Top Bottom