sPOD, Lightbar and switch

meljr

Fool me once, shame on you -- Fool me twice, shame on me

My Switch-Pro system should be here tomorrow!:thumb:

I was the North West area liaison and became a sub-moderator on JK-Forum about the time Spod's deceptions were exposed. I was just getting serious about modding my 08 JKUX and had been considering the Spod to contorol my compressor, lockers and auxiliary lighting. Needless to say, when the deception was exposed, I decided to not patronize them and went with a DayStar panel and Carling switches, which have never given me a problem.

Fast forward to 2016 and I am just finishing a five year restoration and build of my 89 MJ/Comanche, which also included a compressor, lockers and auxiliary lighting. I was surprised to find out that Spod is still in business, but the bad taste from my days as a JK-Forum moderator still linger, so I started rolling my own solution with an add on fuse box, automotive relays and Carling switches. After I finished adding relays for the headlights and started on the auxiliary lighting, someone told me about Switch-Pros and I ended up ordering their SP8100 system. It is a much tidier installation that what I had started and runs way cooler than the Carling switches for the compressor and lockers on my JK. There are also a bunch of features I don't care about like remote programming, but overall I am very satisfied with this purchase.

I really enjoy this community (haven't been active on JK-Forum since I started the MJ build) and really don't care to support vendors who break the rules to pimp their products.

-meljr

Top Bottom