spod owners, worth money?

pastorwug

Not sure how more wiring equals easier, but do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Sorry, I didn't do a video, but I felt the pics and layout diagram explained it well enough.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

No need to feel sorry or say you're sorry, your plan is way better and much easier as I see it.
Thanks again.

In5ane1

Not sure how more wiring equals easier, but do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Sorry, I didn't do a video, but I felt the pics and layout diagram explained it well enough.

I think you got the wrong impression. I think what you demonstrated is freakin awesome. What I meant by easier is from my understanding the bussman setup is permanent when you plug something into it. Thought I read that in your writeup. So, if my crimping skills werent up to par...id hate to mess that up. I saw that this did in fact use more wiring but might be more leanient for errors...:confused:

So...hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Im gonna do something similar to what you did. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row. NEWBIE AT THIS....

Also just was passing along the videos for anyone who might be interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

^ thanks Pastor! :D

As far as permanent- use female quick disconnects on the outputs, so you can easily unplug an accessory wire and plug in a new one later.
Test your crimp by pulling on the terminal and the wire before you snap it into the Cooper panel.

In5ane1

^ thanks Pastor! :D

As far as permanent- use female quick disconnects on the outputs, so you can easily unplug an accessory wire and plug in a new one later.
Test your crimp by pulling on the terminal and the wire before you snap it into the Cooper panel.

Thanks again. You have been a tremendous help. Truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!

Like the other guy said, no need for appologies. You got a great thing going here. I was just passing along some info...

pvanweelden

The dbox and the Waytek wire spod are exactly the same thing, but the Cooper panel makes it easier than having 5 relay harnesses to wire up, plus the enclosure is part of it, and fuses for each relay.

Take your time and have fun with it!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the video. :thumb: I wish Sharkey was as easy on the eyes as the easy girl in the video. :yup: Nevertheless I'll take him any day!

In5ane1

The dbox and the Waytek wire spod are exactly the same thing, but the Cooper panel makes it easier than having 5 relay harnesses to wire up, plus the enclosure is part of it, and fuses for each relay.

Take your time and have fun with it!

You listed a 50 amp circuit breaker...but the fuses add up to more. Is it better to go with say 50 amp than 100 amp? Guess you can figure you probably wont run everything at same time.

Thanks!

pvanweelden

You listed a 50 amp circuit breaker...but the fuses add up to more. Is it better to go with say 50 amp than 100 amp? Guess you can figure you probably wont run everything at same time.

Thanks!

Don't go higher than 50, like you said, you usually won't have everything on at once, but even if you have 5 led light accessories all on at once, it won't be drawing more than 50 amps

Armydog

This looks like a solid and clean way to go... Thanks for the directions

Turbobob

I have one, and the install was very smooth and easy. If I had it to all over again, I might have built my own. I was in too much of a hurry to get an auxiliary panel to add lights and lockers, and should have researched it better. If you don't mind spending the money, and are looking for something "plug & play", then the spod is a good way to go. If you have a little skill with wiring, then building your own will save you some coin!

In5ane1

After long and careful deliberation...I would like an spod, but I could use lights worse. Im thinking there is nothing wrong with using the wiring harnesses that comes with lights for now. Then once I get more than say two accessories. ..I may revisit. Sure an spod would be nice, but it wouldnt help me see in the dark and it would push any lights to later down the road. I think when I need to clean up wires, I will go with the post that was suggested in this thread.

Am I off base? ;)

Holeshot

Banned
The only concern is if you want to put standart switches you're gonna have to drill/cut holes somewhere, unless if you buy a cheap switch pod like the daystar A-pillar pod, which could be a compromise. A lot cheaper than the spod or ORE panels, but A lot more wires and time of installation.

Edit : Didn't notice it was you before now. Definitely like the ORE panel, no regrets in buying it even if there's only 3 switches used so far.

MTG

Caught the Bug
After long and careful deliberation...I would like an spod, but I could use lights worse. Im thinking there is nothing wrong with using the wiring harnesses that comes with lights for now. Then once I get more than say two accessories. ..I may revisit. Sure an spod would be nice, but it wouldnt help me see in the dark and it would push any lights to later down the road. I think when I need to clean up wires, I will go with the post that was suggested in this thread.

Am I off base? ;)

No. If the choice is between and sPod and lights. Go with lights. I have all my lights wired...sans sPod. :thumb:

In5ane1

The only concern is if you want to put standart switches you're gonna have to drill/cut holes somewhere, unless if you buy a cheap switch pod like the daystar A-pillar pod, which could be a compromise. A lot cheaper than the spod or ORE panels, but A lot more wires and time of installation.

Edit : Didn't notice it was you before now. Definitely like the ORE panel, no regrets in buying it even if there's only 3 switches used so far.

Love the ORE setup. How long does it take them to build it? If I bought that now...lights would have to be put on hold. I really would like some lights. I havent done any upgrades to factory lights and they just plain SUCK!!! Lol

Id probably go with daystar for now. Heck I may only ever run 2 or 3 accessories. ..who knows??? Good thing about daystar is I can use it with a diy spod type build later on.

Atch

Love the ORE setup. How long does it take them to build it? If I bought that now...lights would have to be put on hold. I really would like some lights. I havent done any upgrades to factory lights and they just plain SUCK!!! Lol

Id probably go with daystar for now. Heck I may only ever run 2 or 3 accessories. ..who knows??? Good thing about daystar is I can use it with a diy spod type build later on.

If you're wanting lights because your stock lights suck & you have the money for an sPOD just buy some truck-lites. Cheaper than an sPOD and you can legally use them on the road unlike the lights you're looking to add.

Top Bottom