"Spod"; to build or to buy?

For anybody using the daystar lower dash panel for 2011-up jk's. Did you have any issues clipping the top part of the panel in place? Mine will not stay clipped into the dash

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hmmm... Mine doesn't want to clip in. I installed the factory orange clips into the daystar panel but the panel just pops out no matter how hard I push it in

Strange. Sounds like you have something pushing it out. Are the wires all tucked out of the way?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Actually no wires at all yet, just trying to get a feel for how everything is going to look

Probably a dumb question. But did you order/receive the one for the right year? There are two different panels.

pvanweelden

Wish I could give some guidance, but I didn't actually install the daystar in its intended location, but from what I have heard you really need to persuade it stay put.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

e8esa9yz.jpg

Here is a picture of how it sits now. It will not stay clipped

pvanweelden

Do they still look like they offer an offset?
If not than damaged. I guess they switched from steel clips to the orange plastic clips in 2011. Maybe you could get the steel clips? From an older model at the dealership :(

pvanweelden

Hate when I offer a diy mod for someone and it doesn't work well :banghead:

Do they still look like they offer an offset?
If not than damaged. I guess they switched from steel clips to the orange plastic clips in 2011. Maybe you could get the steel clips? From an older model at the dealership :(

I'll have to take a closer look in the morning when I get some light. Sure would suck to have to go to the dealer for something that should already be on there.. Guess I can pick up a control arm nut that fell off because of the dealer too!

Hate when I offer a diy mod for someone and it doesn't work well :banghead:

Haha not your fault, I've found many products to be harder to install than they should be. Part of the fun of doing your own work though huh?

It is your jeep, I love it when YOU do the work to it. :D :thumbup:

Of course! Always a learning experience, and saves quite a bit of money. Although when I get my evo tire carrier, I think I'll let them install it. The nutserts worry me

Top Bottom