SPORTICON 2.8 CRD from Italy

mgnever

Hello guys, first of all sorry for my bad english.

I wanted to introduce my rig to you folks, it's a 2008 Jeep JK 2.8 CRD Automatic, Sport versione (X model for you guys).
I'm currently swapping the front axle with a Dana 44 from a JK Rubicon. The axle have new thicker tubes, reinforced trackbar mount and reinforced control arms mount, all custom made.

I've also recently removed my DPF filter and tuned my engine (from 177hp to 220hp) and I swapper my axles gears from 3.73 to 4.88. Can't wait to drive the car again :bleh:

I've two set of tires, one for travelling on the road, spring and summer off road, with Pro Comp Predator 5035 Series and 315/70R17 Kumho KL71, and one for the winter/autumn with custom made beadlock and 35x10.50r16 Silverstone MT177

14564667.jpg

I don't know if you're familiar with these tires. Very loud, but they're the best in the mud.

I've also upgrade the braking system, since when I've swapper to 315 I noticed the braking was really worse than before.

I've also done a lot of other works on my JK, as you can see from the other photos:

The old name was NOTARUBICON, since it wasn't a Rubicon, but now, I've got Front Rubicon Axle, Rubicon electric sway bar and Rubicon lockers, so the new name is SPORTICON. I've just ordered my new hood decals from pixeldecals.

I hope you guys like my rig :yup:

Last edited:
Looking good! It looks like you planned your Build out well.

Those MTs look like they could move some earth.....lol

14564667.jpg

I don't know if you're familiar with these tires. Very loud, but they're the best in the mud.

Looks similar to the Interco TSL. I bet it will move some mud, but I wouldn't want to drive those all winter unless I was on dirt roads all the time!

Thanks to all the replys, in order:

@Bunz-o-fun: yes, exactly :clap2:

@BamBamDeer and JK_Dave: yes, they move alot of mud, and yes, on tarmac they're terrible, loud like a mud grapplers but worse grip, and you shouldnt drive faster thank 100kmh (60mph), infact I've got two set of tires for my rig. Unfortunaly in Italy 90% of off roading trail are mud, mud and MUD, and we need proper tires, driving with reguler mud terrain on some of our trail in winter is like driving on ice. Where I live mud is like clay, as you can see...

(the tires were firestone destination m/t :shock:)

Thanks to our mud I've already cracked and axle shaft (with 33's tires)

And this is one of the "only Jeep parking spot" I keep making around town everytime I park my car after cleaning it from an off road trip. And I spend 30€ (33$) at the car wash every time. :eek:

When I started offroading I wasnt happy until my car was covered in mud, now if I can dodge a mud pit I'm the happiest person alive :cheesy:

Top Bottom