Starting a build... So many questions! Please Help!

KPM171

Do you have a good recommendation for sliders? I see a lot of people using the EVO stuff but there site is a little tough to navigate. What should I get?

Poison Spyder makes a killer set that combines sliders, armor, & a step that @DisDis is running. I really love the look, but I'm a little hesitant to drill the tub to mount them in my rig. I've heard good things about their Rocker Knockers too.

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Rocker-Body-Armor-s/40.htm

DCR JEEP

I have a 2009 Wrangler, its not a Rubicon.

I have had it for about a year now and I absolutely love it. I initially didn't plan on making very many modifications to it because I didn't plan on doing a ton of off roading except for during hunting season. However, after seeing some of the Wayalife and Project-JK youtube videos I have been somewhat inspired to start doing some modifications. What comes first? Wheels and Tires? Lift Kit? I just want to know where to start. All I have done to it now are replaced all of the lights with HID's and added a pair of Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED lights to my A-Pillars. I also have a pretty killer stereo system (I work for a High End stereo shop so it was a must)

Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373142871.369830.jpg

^^ you need one of these

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

I have the ace rock sliders and they are strong as hell I've came down on them pretty hard and you can't even tell by looking at them. If you read other forums about them you will only hear good about them. For the price you can't bet them.

theilkjam

The EVO Ones look great. And it seems like everyone on this forum absolutely loves their products. This project is getting expensive quick but it's really exciting

Kneece

The EVO Ones look great. And it seems like everyone on this forum absolutely loves their products. This project is getting expensive quick but it's really exciting

Evo is good stuff but if I'm not mistakin, you have to Weld them on. I have ACE. Tough as Hell and an Easy install. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373152274.587528.jpg

Sent by Pony Express

Serg5000

Do you have a good recommendation for sliders? I see a lot of people using the EVO stuff but there site is a little tough to navigate. What should I get?

As mentioned above, figure out what type of wheeling your going to do. It will either save you money. Or cost you more than you think. If your more of a trail runner rather than rock crawler. The difference in cost to prepare your rig will be huge.

Sliders is a good example. If your trail running. No need to spend $600 on EVO sliders. I have the enhanced mopar sliders. Been great. Used the shit out of them on the Rubicon last June.

Just remember. Take your time and really think about what you need, and what you want. The two are hundreds of dollars apart.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If your trail running. No need to spend $600 on EVO sliders.

Just remember. Take your time and really think about what you need, and what you want. The two are hundreds of dollars apart.

I agree with Serg. Build with the end in mind otherwise you'll end up paying twice. I just sold my 2dr JK and now have a 4dr Rubi that I NOW know how I will build it. Started with wheels/tires front bumper, then lift drag link flip, brake lines, CB.

My rubi sliders have been just fine but again, with the end in mind I have already ordered EVO skins and sliders.

Build to suit your needs. If you think you'll move to something more heavy duty in the future, save yourself a headache and save the $$$ for the HD stuff.

Top Bottom