Steering problems

ATC_LV

I've got about 8k miles on my 2013 JKUR. About 5k on the EVO enforcer lift and 37" tires. I have the drag link flip installed as well. I'm not sure if I'm experience bump steer or what. I do have a slight pull to the left. 4wheel parts did my alignment and said I'd probably need new ball joints to correct that. When I hit bumps on the freeway the steering gets kinda flighty. Mix that with the wind in Las Vegas it probably makes me look like a drunk driver it gets so bad. While in a big curve it seems even worse. Not sure how else to explain it. Any ideas how to fix this?

2013 JKUR, EVO enforcer lift, EVO draglink flip, 37" Toyos on 17" ATX slabs, aev rear bumper/tire carrier.

FoxC

Hi brother... been a while! Lift the front end up and then grab the top and bottom of your front tires. Try and move them back and fourth to see if you have any play. This will give you an idea if your ball joints are going out on you. Kinda early though with only 5000 miles...:thinking:

ATC_LV

I was going to upgrade soon anyway but I was doubting it was ball joints. I'll check it out soon.

Ps we need to meet up for another run soon. I've been gone on the weekends but I'm ready to go now!

2013 JKUR, EVO enforcer lift, EVO draglink flip, 37" Nittos on 17" ATX slabs, aev rear bumper/tire carrier.

ATC_LV

I've still got the stock SS. Not sure what my caster angle is. I'm about to have 4wheel parts recheck everything. Should I upgrade my SS?

2013 JKUR, EVO enforcer lift, EVO draglink flip, 37" Nittos on 17" ATX slabs, aev rear bumper/tire carrier.

silverbackjk

I really doubt it has anything to do with the steering stabilizer. Check your castor Home Depot has cheap angle finders. I run mine at 4.5 and is really good on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom