Steering stabilizers... Which brand do you like?

MobyJR

I upgraded from stock to the a Fox shortly after my lift and tire upgrade. What a huge difference it made. The stock unit didn't even feel safe, and with only about 32K miles on it, it was shot.

steering_stab.JPG

Maybe that's just all I need. A really nice new quality Fox or Bilstein. I guess Fox has the best reviews. Nothing seems loose up front.

MobyJR

Yeah see it's a pretty new, pretty "healthy" Jeep if you will lol
I've baby'd this one compared to my YJ and last JK. Nothing SHOULD be damaged or wrong. All that's been done is 2.5 BB and 35's. I guess ill try a beefier stabilizer.

MobyJR

Well I like your set up. Looks solid. I've got gussets and sleeves coming. Should or should I invest in a beefier tie rod too? I'm still learning about steering/suspension so advice is welcome.

MobyJR

I just installed the new Fox ATS stabilizer and I have to say its FKN amazing ………… no joke and adjustable damping is insane. Check it out, night and day from the Bilstein that came with my AEV 3.5" dual sport lift kit.

I'm finding that one for about 359.00
I think I'm more in the 150 dollar range. I might try the regular 2.0. Hopefully it worth it.

TheDuff

I had a lil shimmy and it was the frame side track bar bolt. I drove around for a few months with no stabilizer, it wasn't bad, but the steering felt less flighty once I got a new one on there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom