Step by step guide to replacing a transfer case

mastrcruse

Got it done! Wow haha...to me it was a big accomplishment and now I'm pumped to go out wheelin soon so I can see the difference. We ended up dropping the cross member and tranny support which made it a lot easier. Replaced the plastic piece in the lever. Got it all buttoned up and drove it for several miles with no hiccups.

Only thing I have to figure out is where the tuning for the transfer case is located on the trail dash. Can't find it anywhere on the Internet when searching.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions and help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 109

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Also at one time, I believe Advance Adapters offered a full replacement of the cable shift linkage.

They still do. I installed one on a buddy's rig (Meanst). It is really nice and I will most likely put one on my own Jeep sooner rather than later.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
You did the brace! How was that?
On a side note, I wheeled last week, the first day ESC kicked in in 4Lo.
Second day no issues.
I "think" one of my hubs was not fully engaged and it caused this.
So I did a "difficult" trail in 3 wheel drive
:icon_crazy:

mastrcruse

You did the brace! How was that?
On a side note, I wheeled last week, the first day ESC kicked in in 4Lo.
Second day no issues.
I "think" one of my hubs was not fully engaged and it caused this.
So I did a "difficult" trail in 3 wheel drive
:icon_crazy:

Brace was very easy with it out of the jeep. If you have threads on the top 2 bolts it's very simple. Only difference with the newer JKs is you will drill and tap the top 2. They provide the tap and drill bit in the kit and it was very simple but probably a little harder if you are underneath with a little less room.

mastrcruse

SOOOOO.....after being told by SuperChips that the Traildash changes the transfer case ratio and not being able to find it in the tuner. I am now trying to return it. I called the tech line to have someone walk me through it and it, in fact, DOES NOT do transfer case change. Northridge is trying to help me out.

So its either the flashpaq or the aev pro cal. Any recommednation between the 2?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the swap. You are going to LOVE the extra crawling power. The difference between the 2.72 to 4:1 is night and day. I have a flashpaq and it works great. I'd probably get procal because it's cheaper and I don't use any of the tuning features like I thought I would

mastrcruse

Congrats on the swap. You are going to LOVE the extra crawling power. The difference between the 2.72 to 4:1 is night and day. I have a flashpaq and it works great. I'd probably get procal because it's cheaper and I don't use any of the tuning features like I thought I would

Thanks! After feeling it out, I don't believe in the "30hp" gain but I do believe it makes the jeep smoother or maybe more peppy. Would that be because the tire change or is that because of the "tune" from the traildash? I've heard it removes the lag in the throttle which if the procal does that I'll tend to side with the procal.

Top Bottom