Stock Rubicon Axle Improvements

CJW

lol its ok. yes he got a PR44 that utilizes the rubi axle componets. one stock shaft was still good so he only replaced one side with a chromoly w/ full circle clips.

Now I'm tracking! LOL!
I've been trying to decide how soon to buy chromoly shafts or if I should even worry about them for the time being.
Thanks for the clarification!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Now I'm tracking! LOL!
I've been trying to decide how soon to buy chromoly shafts or if I should even worry about them for the time being.
Thanks for the clarification!

lol no problem. yea i would say a must for a stock axle is c gussets as mentioned. next would be LCA skids and then new chromoly axle shafts if you break the stock ones. thats the only reason why i upgraded my fronts to chromoly shafts. now i have a stock one to get me off the trail if needed.

CJW

lol no problem. yea i would say a must for a stock axle is c gussets as mentioned. next would be LCA skids and then new chromoly axle shafts if you break the stock ones. thats the only reason why i upgraded my fronts to chromoly shafts. now i have a stock one to get me off the trail if needed.

Cool! I have the c gussets (uppers only though....) sleeves and LCA skids. Wanting to do a long arm upgrade but was thinking of getting shafts first for reliability.....and at this point just realized I should probably start a new thread instead of totally hi jacking this one haha!
I appreciate the info Cozdude!!

JeepKind

Thanks again guys, appreciate the feedback! Took notes as to what is critical, now just need to pinch some pennies...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mitrig

In all fairness, HD diff covers look cool and I like having one just for that but yeah, they're far from necessary and I wouldn't hesitate wheeling with a factory cover.

i still have my factory diff covers on both axles, front diff has taken a lot of abuse and my rig is 7 years old. though i don't wheel on rocky terrain very often only when i encounter them on the trails.

Top Bottom