Stock speaker replacments

Dwg

Thanks Uncle Jimmy. Good advise. I am normally kinda a DIY guy but... Probably worth having things like this done to save the neighbors from hearing my yelling 4 letter words anyway.

xxJWPxx

I did the poly fill and replaced my head unit with a Sony MEX-N5100BT. The sound quality is noticeably better, but I still plan on replacing the speakers as well. One of things I liked about the Sony unit (I'm sure others have this feature as well) is that you can change the color of the display. I set mine to white and green, which ties in nice to the Jeep's display and my CB Radio. Bluetooth, hands free phone operation and the ability to control the head unit through an app on my phone are a few other nice features.

I ordered through Crutchfield and will be getting speakers from them as well. Great service and price.

chester

I changed everything out 6.5 Rockford Fosgate speakers, American bass 10" subwoofer for a little thump. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456176127.440940.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456176171.560827.jpg

REKLESS-RED

I replaced everything in my JKU. Stock sound system was blown out first trip without doors....

Most aftermarket speakers you go with will be much better than stock. I still have the stock head unit in the jeep so it doesn't draw attention when i have my doors off. I installed a small in dash amp for the speakers to get the output i wanted out of the Pioneer's i added. I also added an all in one sub/amp under the front seat called Kicker hideaway, plenty of bass for what i needed and it bolts to the floor. Couldn't be happier with my setup!

Top Bottom