Stock speakers

Byte

That's generally the problem with subs, sealed or ported, a given cone volume requires a fixed space. The secret is in finding an unused space into which you can throw an appropriate enclosure. Have been looking around my 2015 trying to find room to stuff a 4x 8" sealed setup. No dice so far. Best I can figure is directly behind the rear seat firing up at the rear window. Amp under the rear driver side seat maybe. Lose maybe 2-3 cf in the rear cargo area. But I'd gain back the foot and a half in the floor! After watching a bunch of jeep videos the only thing I see consistently hauled in there is mud...

FLKEYSJK

I highly suggest getting yourself an amp or there is a good chance u will think the polks are worse than stock. Aftermarket speakers for the most part are designed to work with more power than the head unit can produce. You may have clearer highs and mids but the lows will be an absolute joke. I can help you out if you ever decide to install an amp. I'm running a pretty good Polk and jbl setup in my wrangler and I can tell you amps and subs make a world of a difference

Yeah I knew it wouldn't really be anything great with the stock head unit, I plan to add an amp for the mids/highs and a sub (of course with an amp lol) and a new head unit but I'm working on getting the money for tires and rims first. In my old jeep (2000 tj) I had 4 15" Rockford Fosgate subs in the back, went through that phase quickly, now I'd rather have a clean sounding stereo and a back seat! This is the only pic I could find of it, before the box got carpeted ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447898503.349684.jpg

tonytony9

Yeah I knew it wouldn't really be anything great with the stock head unit, I plan to add an amp for the mids/highs and a sub (of course with an amp lol) and a new head unit but I'm working on getting the money for tires and rims first. In my old jeep (2000 tj) I had 4 15" Rockford Fosgate subs in the back, went through that phase quickly, now I'd rather have a clean sounding stereo and a back seat! This is the only pic I could find of it, before the box got carpeted View attachment 174296

Wow nice setup you had there! Okay glad you knew that because a ton of people complain about the low end quality on aftermarket speakers because they are simply just not giving them the power they deserve. I have awesome jbl subs in the back with a mono amp and then a 4 channel for the speakers. Absolutely love the sound and for my ear it is perfectly balanced.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I wonder if any of the guys locally have one I can pull and try on my jeep just to see. I would go aftermarket since I already have a nice sub to use, but I dont want to deal with the extra box and all so thought the oem one was a great option for what I want which is just a little better sound. You can also find the oem floor mounted sub, but they never come with the speaker cover which is annoying.

I will pull the trim tonight and see if I can find the amp tho.

Edit: Just did some google hunting and a guy with no sub in a 14 got one, and no sound so Im sure I dont have the amp. I may end up just getting a better headunit that can support nav and go from there.

c7e3_1.JPG

when i had my rubi i was going to do something like this and make a custom drawer that sat on the floor infront of it. was going to put a little railing along the edge and almost use the speaker box as a shelf or a nice place to mount an OBA and a tank or something like that. ill probably do it when i get another 4 door. just an idea jim!

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think to really run a box, without worry of it being stolen, I would need a tuffy deck which I want anyway. I dont go topless much but still would like the added security of knowing my tools wont grow legs and walk away. I do like the orv shelf, since it has a sub mount built in, but is low and expensive but a good option I feel.

http://orv-innovations.com/products/stealth-shelf-2011/

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I think to really run a box, without worry of it being stolen, I would need a tuffy deck which I want anyway. I dont go topless much but still would like the added security of knowing my tools wont grow legs and walk away. I do like the orv shelf, since it has a sub mount built in, but is low and expensive but a good option I feel.

Holy shit thats expensive! Awesome though. I feel like we could fab something up just like that a fraction of that price!

kaptkrappy

Holy shit thats expensive! Awesome though. I feel like we could fab something up just like that a fraction of that price!

You need to check out this thread.

Show Us Your Deck!

Top Bottom