Stock stubby front bumper

Devallee

Is there a reason why everyone leaves that 2 inches on the end instead of cutting right along this bend? I'm going to stubby it today and I personally think it would look better but I wanna make sure there's not something I'm missing as to why nobody does (not that I have seen at least). Thanks.

Attachments

• 1387477116504.jpg
    1387477116504.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 121

JK1

i did for these reasons
1. sawsall had to have room
2. if you cut with the hump it is at a angles out in the back to expose the side more and looks funny IMO

Attachments

• finish 2.jpg
    finish 2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 119
  • finish 3.jpg
    finish 3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 122
  • finish1.jpg
    finish1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 123

Devallee

i did for these reasons 1. sawsall had to have room 2. if you cut with the hump it is at a angles out in the back to expose the side more and looks funny IMO

Is that an inch, or two, that you left? I like the way yours came out

Devallee

Looks like I'll leave that inch or two on there. Thanks for the quick replies! :thumb: now for my favorite part...seeing my mom's face when she walks outside and sees me taking a saw to my $30k toy :) it never gets old

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
When I cut my front bumper on my JK, I thought my wife was going to pass out when she stepped into the garage.

She doesn't mind bolt on, but gets very up set when saw starts :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

Not sure if it's 2", 3", or 3.5". The reason you leave that space is there's some hardware in that area that you won't be able to cut through. I cut a little short and almost cut into that area.

Just look at the directions for the end caps and cut where they say to cut.

You can see the area in the photo attached.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I ran the VDP end caps on my factory bumper and it required leaving a couple inches for the end caps to attach to. They worked great for me and if I hadn't gotta the deal that I did on my current bumper I would still be running them. Now they reside on a shelf in my garage! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387487143.226568.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387487151.264679.jpg

Top Bottom