Stranded in Durango, CO

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Ship it via train, roommate in college flew to Atlanta and bought a Camero. Took it to the Amtrak depot, loaded it and flew home. Less than $500

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
That definitely would have been cheaper if we could've worked it out. I was pressed for time and had to make a decision. The Uhaul setup was $1400 and it gets about 8 MPG. Over 1000 miles that really adds up.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Finally got home and got rid of that monster truck and trailer. Lots of tight spots, especially when parking, but never tagged anything! Just had to drive like a school bus LOL! Dropped Jan off at a friend's shop. Now we just need to find a salvaged transmission... He's got a couple in the yard from 4.7 WJs and Dakotas, but not sure if any are the right one (45RFE I think...).

RCVRY

Finally got home and got rid of that monster truck and trailer. Lots of tight spots, especially when parking, but never tagged anything! Just had to drive like a school bus LOL! Dropped Jan off at a friend's shop. Now we just need to find a salvaged transmission... He's got a couple in the yard from 4.7 WJs and Dakotas, but not sure if any are the right one (45RFE I think...).

So glad to hear!!! Good luck with the swap and really sorry all that happened.

Such a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Glad to hear that you made it.

I hope the repairs aren't too tough on you.

Sucks big time to be far from home and have shit go wrong.

I had to fly back to California from Colorado and bring a trailer to get my 2500 Avalanche one year. The 4L80 trans broke in half, as in the entire case, from the pan over the top to the pan on the other side. The pan held it together just enough to keep it from falling out. I could look inside and see the gear sets😱

I hope yours works out. I should have got a take out trans. I had a shop rebuild mine and it was never right. I got jerked around with shit going wrong until the warranty was up.

WJCO

Meme King

Glad you made it home. Hope the Jeep repair is swift and cheap. Some were 45RFE and some 545RFE. I think it was dependent on the year.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
So glad to hear!!! Good luck with the swap and really sorry all that happened.

Such a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks!
Glad to hear that you made it.

I hope the repairs aren't too tough on you.

Sucks big time to be far from home and have shit go wrong.

I had to fly back to California from Colorado and bring a trailer to get my 2500 Avalanche one year. The 4L80 trans broke in half, as in the entire case, from the pan over the top to the pan on the other side. The pan held it together just enough to keep it from falling out. I could look inside and see the gear sets[emoji33]

I hope yours works out. I should have got a take out trans. I had a shop rebuild mine and it was never right. I got jerked around with shit going wrong until the warranty was up.
Yeah, it was a bit more stressful than planned, but we rented a Grand Cherokee and still managed to have some fun in between.

I didn't want a rebuilt one for exactly that reason. I have a hard time believing that a built one would be six times more reliable than a salvaged one, but they are that much more expensive.
Glad you made it home. Hope the Jeep repair is swift and cheap. Some were 45RFE and some 545RFE. I think it was dependent on the year.
Thanks! We're going to check the VIN and make sure and check the tag on the tranny when it's out, but hopefully we'll have good luck... I could use some of that.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Our rental at 12,000 feet:
943620586.jpg
Our camp at 11,000 feet:
971010748.jpg
And of course, we had to do the Animas river:
477187028.jpg
There's worse places to be stranded for sure [emoji16]

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Way to make the best of it!
Bummer that happened, glad to see you still got some fun in.
Thanks guys, the trip was definitely not a total loss. It may not have been exactly what we planned, but still fun most of the time anyhow.

Turns out the transmissions already on the lot were not the right ones. However, we did find one at a local yard with 140k miles for $350. That will be in by mid-week as long as there are no more surprises. [emoji1696]

Right now I'm thinking a 4Runner would be awful nice...

Top Bottom