Stumped and need some thoughts

jeff_in_rc

OK I don't have my jeep here at work and I don't have a pic of what I am talking about but I will give it a try.

On your back window there is a flap over the zipper all the way around right? Bend the antenna over, will the tip fit into that flap?
It is how I keep mine from hitting the garage door. If needed I can get a pic tonight and post it in the morning.

EDIT: OK when I posted this suggestion your 3rd picture had not loaded, looks like my suggestion might not work, sorry.

Last edited:

Journeyman

I normally don't do garages. But I was stuck working in LA last week and this is how resolved my parking garage issues while I was there. Paracord with a clove hitch on the top of the antenna and the other end tied to the tailgate handle. This keeps the tailgate operational also. I actually ran this down the freeway with no issues. But if I had to deal with it everyday I would probably look for a better alternative. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468882866.909086.jpg

HardRock87

OK I don't have my jeep here at work and I don't have a pic of what I am talking about but I will give it a try.

On your back window there is a flap over the zipper all the way around right? Bend the antenna over, will the tip fit into that flap?
It is how I keep mine from hitting the garage door. If needed I can get a pic tonight and post it in the morning.

EDIT: OK when I posted this suggestion your 3rd picture had not loaded, looks like my suggestion might not work, sorry.

I know exactly what you are talking about. That is what my friend does, but he has his mounted on the passenger rear. I'm going to be getting the Firestik Molded side mount and mount it to my license plate. Then I can either stick it under the flap or have it tied down to the other side of the bumper.

jeff_in_rc

I know exactly what you are talking about. That is what my friend does, but he has his mounted on the passenger rear. I'm going to be getting the Firestik Molded side mount and mount it to my license plate. Then I can either stick it under the flap or have it tied down to the other side of the bumper.

Yea mine is on the drivers side of my TJ and slips under the flap, sounds like you have the problem resolved, good!

Top Bottom