Superchips flashpaq for 3.6L

StrizzyChris

With all the engine issues that the 12+ JK's are having, I am in no way even thinking about trying to add HP or Torque to mine! Ill recal the speedo and shut off the TPMS with my procal, but don't want to push a fragile engine past what is is already providing me, which is a hell of a lot more power than the ole 3.8 that I was used to :twocents:

JKWrang

With all the engine issues that the 12+ JK's are having, I am in no way even thinking about trying to add HP or Torque to mine! Ill recal the speedo and shut off the TPMS with my procal, but don't want to push a fragile engine past what is is already providing me, which is a hell of a lot more power than the ole 3.8 that I was used to :twocents:

Ill keep you all updated but so far, first oil change down, 3000+ miles and no issues on the 14. (Knock on wood!) Hopefully its a case of new engine bugs they've worked out

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

2trackin

Got the beta unit going on the 2014 with a 93 octane tune. Supposed to be good for 30hp and as much torque. I will say that it does have a noticeable stronger power curve especially at higher rpm, not as noticeable at lower. Shift points have not been modified that I can tell and it still shift to quickly (low rpm) from first to second gear and then hangs onto third for dear life before letting go and hitting fourth. I am using stock 4.10 gearing and 37s.
Going to try the tow tune tonight and the crawl tune tomorrow morning at a large local orv event. Yes thanksgiving day is the largest turnout day of the year for The Mounds here in Michigan, quite a tradition actually.
I would personally like to see a little more aggressive throttle mapping and improved shift points for stock gearing.
I will be working with them to get this accomplished.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been thinking the same thing.... I've not had any issues (Knock-on-Wood) but this seems to be asking for trouble.

bo9roadking

I've ordered the Flashpaq for my 2012 and should get it next week.

I've seen a dyno chart of a 2012 JK with a manual transmission that shows the 30 hp/tq improvement on 93 octane. The power is more linear and an improvement over stock across the entire rpm range, but the advertised improvement numbers don't happen until 5.6k rpm.

I'd post the dyno chart, but I found it on a vendor website and didn't know if I'd be allowed to post it here because the vendor's name is on the chart.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Flashpaq Help!

Last drove the Jeep on thursday and was out of town fri-sun. Went to start it up this morning and it will not even attempt to turn over. I did have dashboard lights on though. After a few attempts got out the Flashpaq and plugged it in. The flashpaq would not go into the modification mode it was only on the information pages.

I tried unplugging the flashpaq and plugging it back in but this time the Jeep was dead as a nail. Under the hood the light on the Genesis Dual battery isolator was on so I hit the boost button. This brought dashboard power back to the Jeep but it still will not fire at all. I am also now getting the HOTOIL message but the Jeep hasn't even been run in 3 days, nothing has been plugged in and no doors etc were left open.

Since installing the Flashpaq I have only had one little hiccup a while back while trying to start it, it did not turn over. Took the key out, put it back in and it fired right up.

Possible Faults
-Superchips Flashpaq
-Genesis Dual Battery Isolator
-_____________

I'm not sure what to try next........any ideas???
-Try jumping the main battery off of another vehicle
-I'd like to try and get the Flashpaq to reset to factory settings but it won't go in to "edit" mode. It does however power up when it is plugged into the OBD port.

ponyrt

I am running the flashpaq on my '12, however it is the manual transmission. The only tune I have ran so far is the 87 octane tune and the difference from stock is night and day! Throttle response is outstanding and seat of the pants pep is amazing. Will try the 93 octane tune for yall this weekend and update for ya.

I am running the flashpaq upgraded flashcal on my 2012 but to be honest I haven't really noticed a definitive deference. But to be fair I have only run the 87 octane mode and I don't drive my jeep daily.

Top Bottom