Suspension?

daverawr

Yeah, I'm actually looking into a regear right now myself... wish ORE was closer! Haha I'm pretty sure I'm going to have "249 Drivetrain" do it. But I'm not 100% yet... still talking to people. Lol

Just let me know if you need a hand! happy to hang out and wrench on late night!

I have a few guys who I know who are specialized in Subarus and one who works on just about anything who I'm sure could knock it out for me with ease. The process doesn't seem TOO hard for mechanically inclined people who rebuild engines already lol. Or there's a off-road shop near my house where my dad is currently getting his 2001 Lancruiser outfitted, they should do it no problem. Just I know their labor charges are expensive.

And when are we going to get around to getting that fender trimming party going on your rig ? ;) haha.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a few guys who I know who are specialized in Subarus and one who works on just about anything who I'm sure could knock it out for me with ease. The process doesn't seem TOO hard for mechanically inclined people who rebuild engines already lol. Or there's a off-road shop near my house where my dad is currently getting his 2001 Lancruiser outfitted, they should do it no problem. Just I know their labor charges are expensive.

And when are we going to get around to getting that fender trimming party going on your rig ? ;) haha.

Oh! Ah! Eh! Er... hook it up with your gear swap friend I would LOVE to have someone do it and I could watch/learn/do it hands on!? Especially if it's a Subaru guy... I sold my STi for the jeep... haha! We could do them both... have a regear party!?

Idk when the fender trim is coming. I've been looking at everyone else's pics, and trying to find the cuts I like the best, so far it's Eddies lines. I think I want to mimic that as best as I can. But that's where I'm at right now with that. That and trying to figure out how to keep the factory fender liners after trimming them up. But im trying to get some time in the shop at work to get the long arms on the jeep, thats number 1 on the list right now. That and actually BUY some tires... But this is off topic for your thread ;)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would call up ORE and talk to Drew about the 3" vs 4" kits. Personally I would stay with 3" on 37s to keep the lower cog. Also why not get the kit, start with some rancho shocks which seem to pair even better with the plush rides, then if you feel the need, upgrade to some king shocks? I have to agree however the price difference between the enforcer with the king 2.5 and coilovers makes it hard, but from what I have read multiple times on here, that setup actually rides a little better than coilovers due to a larger shock and spring. You just dont have the extra adjustments that coilovers offer like when you load up with extra gear and all.

Another nice thing about going with the enforcer, and standard shocks is that if you need to get a shock rebuilt (I know mtg has and keeps a standard set of shocks for this very reason) you can have this done and not have the jeep sitting as long. I know coilovers are down the line on your list, but just something to think about.

BobbyGTX

Haha [emoji23] I'm still waiting on my Evo sliders to come in from Trail Jeeps. They were on back order or something due to the sale they had so waiting on those then need to get them welded and get my CB and air source for re inflating tires first. Then I'll get onto the suspension. Hopefully I'll be able to get the suspension by summer time

Yup I'm still waiting on my stuff from Trail Jeep too. I have a big list for the winter run, trying buy and get everything installed by then.

BobbyGTX

Haha [emoji23] I'm still waiting on my Evo sliders to come in from Trail Jeeps. They were on back order or something due to the sale they had so waiting on those then need to get them welded and get my CB and air source for re inflating tires first. Then I'll get onto the suspension. Hopefully I'll be able to get the suspension by summer time

Yup I'm still waiting on my stuff from Trail Jeep too. I have a big list for the winter run, trying buy and get everything installed by then.

BobbyGTX

The EVO 3" is great! I love mine! Very smooth comfy ride, I dont feel washboard roads at all in mine just cruises on dirt roads no problem! I am a 2 door though so mine have given me a little more than 3" im sitting closer to 3.5-4ish. Which I am sure once I get the evo carrier and putmy new 37" spare on it will weigh it down a bit and bring me closer to the true 3". Ill be running this lift till I can afford Coilovers. You will not be disappointed with the EVO Enforcer. You will definitely get your moneys worth from it if you wheel and drive your rig a lot. :beer: :twocents:

View attachment 172741

View attachment 172742

View attachment 172743

Nice man! I have 2 door, also been looking. Like the way yours looks

Top Bottom