Swapping springs with a TF leveling kit

BaddestCross

Just to update... My son and I swapped in the 2" plush rides this past weekend. I achieved a total of 3" over stock on my 2 door and the ride is amazing! I did purchase the 2" OMEs for the rear, but I'm waiting to put them on until I replace the rear bumper and tire carrier. I'm sitting level now with the rear pucks from the TerraFlex leveling kit left in the rear on the factory springs.

Thanks to all who provided advice on this thread! I'd recommend these springs for anyone looking for some lift and an awesome ride!

I still need to put in some bump stops on the axle. At full compression I'm barely rubbing on the fender flare, but I'm concerned about over-compressing the springs and when I go up to 35s, it will definitely be a problem.

One thing I learned during the swap: O'Reilly spring compressors suck. They got the job done, but it was sketchy as hell!

Side note: does anyone have the need for stock Rubicon front springs? I'm just gonna chuck them if no one needs them.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Just to update... My son and I swapped in the 2" plush rides this past weekend. I achieved a total of 3" over stock on my 2 door and the ride is amazing! I did purchase the 2" OMEs for the rear, but I'm waiting to put them on until I replace the rear bumper and tire carrier. I'm sitting level now with the rear pucks from the TerraFlex leveling kit left in the rear on the factory shocks.

Thanks to all who provided advice on this thread! I'd recommend these springs for anyone looking for some lift and an awesome ride!

I still need to put in some bump stops on the axle. At full compression I'm barely rubbing on the fender flare, but I'm concerned about over-compressing the springs and when I go up to 35s, it will definitely be a problem.

One thing I learned during the swap: O'Reilly spring compressors suck. They got the job done, but it was sketchy as hell!

Side note: does anyone have the need for stock Rubicon front springs? I'm just gonna chuck them if no one needs them.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
If you haven't thrown the old springs away you might want to look on cl if no one on here wants them. People buy them fairly often if they came off a Rubicon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom