Sway bar discos

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Stienjagers - Do they have a split nut that disengages the threaded rod when you compress the bottom? Just wondering how they work.

Looks like a ball socket attachment kinda like strong arms for a hood or tailgate. Interesting idea. Wonder how they'll hold up with mud and junk in them?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes like A.J. stated. I have read some good reviews. There is a YoiTube video out there that shows how they work, Pretty slick. We are gonna find out. I am gonna use either some strong velcro straps or lanyard instead of the supplied bungee balls.

JKbrick

Yes like A.J. stated. I have read some good reviews. There is a YoiTube video out there that shows how they work, Pretty slick. We are gonna find out. I am gonna use either some strong velcro straps or lanyard instead of the supplied bungee balls.

Those look nice, have not seen them before. Bungee balls are handy for so many other things

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Eddie, what dq's do you have on Moby?...I just pulled off my anti-rocks on my JK6 after snapping a driver side retainer bolt coming down Tilt A Whirl of Flat Iron day before yesterday...I'm done with the anti-rocks for good.

Exodus 4x4

Eddie, what dq's do you have on Moby?...I just pulled off my anti-rocks on my JK6 after snapping a driver side retainer bolt coming down Tilt A Whirl of Flat Iron day before yesterday...I'm done with the anti-rocks for good.

Rubicon sway bar I think. That’s what I run on mine with a no limits and I don’t have any issues. Off road only makes one called SwayLOC that’s kind of a mix of anti rock and a Rubicon sway bar. Saw it at the Off Road Expo in Dallas few weeks back and it looked interesting.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Wow, that is a funky setup. Why in the hell did they weld a right hand and left hand threaded rod together to make the stud? A standard, one piece, right hand threaded rod and one jam nut accomplishes the same result [emoji848].

The quick release is an interesting concept. Let us know your impressions once they are installed. I wonder about noise or if they clank around.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Wow, that is a funky setup. Why in the hell did they weld a right hand and left hand threaded rod together to make the stud? A standard, one piece, right hand threaded rod and one jam nut accomplishes the same result [emoji848].

The quick release is an interesting concept. Let us know your impressions once they are installed. I wonder about noise or if they clank around.

I had the ball and socket setup and after two years of fighting with it every time I tried to reconnect I gave up and went with the JKS quicker discos. Couple things with the ball and socket: if they get mud in them you have to clean them out. If you are not perfectly level, getting them to line up and seat is a bitch. Start with the passenger side, then fight with the driver side. I used a short crowbar even after you find level ground. JKS is just easier to line up, but you still need a crowbar.

whispike

Rubicon sway bar I think. That’s what I run on mine with a no limits and I don’t have any issues. Off road only makes one called SwayLOC that’s kind of a mix of anti rock and a Rubicon sway bar. Saw it at the Off Road Expo in Dallas few weeks back and it looked interesting.

Second here on the Evo No Limits and Rubicon swaybar. Works great!

catahoula

Caught the Bug

I could not tell you there. I will let ya know tho!

Brute

Hooked
Found a nice little trail I took a couple years ago in Arches NP to test articulation after removing the anti rocks and installing a stock sway bar with disco's...wanted to test it before running Behind the Rocks tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 120

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Found a nice little trail I took a couple years ago in Arches NP to test articulation after removing the anti rocks and installing a stock sway bar with disco's...wanted to test it before running Behind the Rocks tomorrow
That's flexy!! Ought to post that in the flexy Friday thread[emoji106]

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Does it seem to have more or less flex than with the anti rock?

kundog331

Synergy Sway Bar Quick Disconnects

Has anyone had any experience with the Synergy Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? They are pricey at $185 for the full kit. Like everyone, I just want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck.

How is everyone keeping your JKS and Stienjagers quick disco's tied up when they are disconnected on the trail?

PPM-8079-D-400.jpg
PPM-8079-D1-400.jpg
PPM-8079-D5-400.jpg

Thank You

Top Bottom