Sway bar not disconnecting

JeepFan

Hooked
I found a bigger dirt mound and sure enough it worked. I then disconnected the front end all together with the manual disconnects and it stuffed the tire 2-3 inches more into the wheel well. I then tried it again with the disconnects connected and the sway bar disconnected and sure enough it wasn't as much. I think its some how binding on the passenger side. I also did notice the springs seem to be really stiff or is that common?

Hmmm...Looking at this pick, something doesn't look quite right. It almost looks like the link is binding up on the spring. :thinking: Do you have other pics of the links and sway bar you can post up?

link.jpg

As Eddie mentioned, with one of the sway bar links detached from the sway bar and the disconnect light on solid, you should be able to move the bar up and down.

JK's JK

Banned
Hmmm...Looking at this pick, something doesn't look quite right. It almost looks like the link is binding up on the spring. :thinking: Do you have other pics of the links and sway bar you can post up?

View attachment 43221

As Eddie mentioned, with one of the sway bar links detached from the sway bar and the disconnect light on solid, you should be able to move the bar up and down.

After a lot of investigation on my part (Not to leave out the others!!) by taking apart the sway bar disconnects (I removed bolts and lubed the hell out of the joints), I was able to finally get it to work good. I however did run into another problem by then not disconnected and then disconnected it seemed it was 2-3 inches off from one another stuffing the tire into the wheel well. I have to do more investigation work since I want the long arm to move freely as possible.

I can post more pictures if needed but there is nothing touching the springs anymore..........Caster was way off on one side.

jeeeep

Hooked
After a lot of investigation on my part (Not to leave out the others!!) by taking apart the sway bar disconnects (I removed bolts and lubed the hell out of the joints), I was able to finally get it to work good. I however did run into another problem by then not disconnected and then disconnected it seemed it was 2-3 inches off from one another stuffing the tire into the wheel well. I have to do more investigation work since I want the long arm to move freely as possible.

I can post more pictures if needed but there is nothing touching the springs anymore..........Caster was way off on one side.

you centered your front axle? or caster was really that far off?

JK's JK

Banned
you centered your front axle? or caster was really that far off?

When I got the jeep the caster was off (passenger spring was bending forward). The sway bar looked like it was hitting the spring as paint was gone on the spring. The guy also reversed the bracket that goes down to the axle as well and bent the hell out of the tab. So yesterday I straighten it out but when removing the manual disconnect rubber boot is still hard to take off as apposed to the other side which on flat ground comes right off........I think the link is somehow binding

Top Bottom