Sway bar shopping

JAGS

Hooked
I have a Rubi sway and manual no limits I’m willing to get rid of. Comes with the rest of the Jeep and a Switch-Pros if you want to go air. Lol. [emoji23]

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I have a Rubi sway and manual no limits I’m willing to get rid of. Comes with the rest of the Jeep and a Switch-Pros if you want to go air. Lol. [emoji23]

My heart skipped a beat for second. I already have Switch-Pros and the Jeep. Lol

Braxtonsag

front Currie antirocks on a JK suck. i know. i made the mistake on my prior JKR. took off the e-disco and put on a Currie. too soft for the road. too stiff for offroad. the worst of both worlds.

Any experience with the rear? Debating on getting one for the rear eventually. I'm not a fan of the factory rear clearance wise but i want at least some type of sway bar and prefer the front fully disconnected.

TheGrendel

Any experience with the rear? Debating on getting one for the rear eventually. I'm not a fan of the factory rear clearance wise but i want at least some type of sway bar and prefer the front fully disconnected.

i did not have a Currie on the back, so i can't speak to it.

A

Andy29847

Curtie anti-rock mini review

Okay I've had them now for a couple months, on and off road. Took me a couple days to fully get used to them. I was used to DD at around 22 pounds of air in my 37s and the anti-rocks did seem to give me a bit of a mushy blacktop ride. When I finally figured out to air up a bit to 29 pounds on the highway my JK rides pretty close in the corners to when I had 35s and no Anti-rock.

Offroad is another story. They are phenomenal. I'm not kidding. Won't go into a dissertation about them but the ride and control with the Anti-rocks is magic for my type of wheeling. (I don't plan on running KOH, but I do see plenty of guys running Anti-rocks there).

Oh, and I never have to screw around with stupid disco pins and Edisco crap.

TheGrendel

Okay I've had them now for a couple months, on and off road. Took me a couple days to fully get used to them. I was used to DD at around 22 pounds of air in my 37s and the anti-rocks did seem to give me a bit of a mushy blacktop ride. When I finally figured out to air up a bit to 29 pounds on the highway my JK rides pretty close in the corners to when I had 35s and no Anti-rock.

Offroad is another story. They are phenomenal. I'm not kidding. Won't go into a dissertation about them but the ride and control with the Anti-rocks is magic for my type of wheeling. (I don't plan on running KOH, but I do see plenty of guys running Anti-rocks there).

Oh, and I never have to screw around with stupid disco pins and Edisco crap.

i would love to hear what makes the front Currie "phenomenal".

bhaner

I have front and rear anti-rocks on mine. I had already spent the money when I joined here and found out nobody liked them because they seem to limit travel and suck on the road. I figured I would give it a shot. I saved my factory rubicon stuff just in case I wanted to go back.

I have put about 2000 miles on since my build. Now keep in mind that I went from 100% stock to the DTD and 40's...

I don't have a problem with the way it handles on the road. I have taken a few of our wonderful round-abouts at fairly good speed and didn't notice more body roll than stock.

Off-road everything felt very stable. I didn't notice any lack of flex.

When I was testing out the flex on flat ground with a fork lift I was able to get the front tires off the ground about 40" before it would lift a rear tire. Not sure if that is good or bad yet... I haven't tried it on an RTI.

I don't know if my setup is somehow different than others... I know my anti-rocks are all steel. I keep seeing them built out of aluminum and hearing people say they had issues. Who knows.

After a few more trips offroad and some time on an RTI I might reconsider. But at this point I don't have any issues with them.

Top Bottom