Synergy Ebrake Relocation Bracket Question - 2023 JLU Rubicon

TerraJL

Hey all!

I watched Eddie's video on performing the Synergy ebrake relocation bracket install. Thanks for making that video, Eddie. Very helpful!

I have 2 questions:

First, when you reroute these cables, I noticed that they are pressing against the evap vapor tube. It's not a lot of pressure but they are definitely resting on it. Is that going to be a problem? I noticed Eddie also routed the cables under it so they are resting on the tube.

Second, the cables also now rest on the rear differential. Is that going to be an issue over time with rubbing and heat?

Thanks in advance,

TerraJL

ebrake cables resting on evap vapor tube.jpeg ebrake cables resting on evap vapor tube2.jpeg ebrake cables resting on rear differential.jpeg ebrake cables resting on rear differential2.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely not a problem with the cables resting on the differential. That they make contact with the vapor tube is something I looked at as well but being that the cables are wrapped in foam, figured it'd be okay.

That said, I have to admit that I ultimately went back to the Rancho RS62136 relocation bracket as I found it do do a better job. It's what I run on my 392 now.

TerraJL

Definitely not a problem with the cables resting on the differential. That they make contact with the vapor tube is something I looked at as well but being that the cables are wrapped in foam, figured it'd be okay.

That said, I have to admit that I ultimately went back to the Rancho RS62136 relocation bracket as I found it do do a better job. It's what I run on my 392 now.
Thanks, Eddie! Do you have any detailed photos of what the Rancho bracket looks like? Does the Rancho bracket keep the cables off of the vapor tube?

WJCO

Meme King
We just did the Rancho kit as well. On ours it still rests on the vapor tube lightly but didn't feel like there was much pressure on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Eddie! Do you have any detailed photos of what the Rancho bracket looks like? Does the Rancho bracket keep the cables off of the vapor tube?
You can see it getting installed here as how it works. Should be time stamped to take you right there.

TerraJL

Ok, good to know. Do you guys think there's enough reason for me to remove the brand new Synergy bracket that I just installed yesterday and go with the Rancho?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, good to know. Do you guys think there's enough reason for me to remove the brand new Synergy bracket that I just installed yesterday and go with the Rancho?
I don't think so. The only reason why I did it is because at the time, I was testing out other lift kits and decided the Rancho bracket was the better option.

TerraJL

I don't think so. The only reason why I did it is because at the time, I was testing out other lift kits and decided the Rancho bracket was the better option.
Ok, I will leave it for now. I just wonder if there's enough reason to be concerned with rubbing over time on the vapor tube. I wish I had known about the Rancho bracket a week ago. :(

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, I will leave it for now. I just wonder if there's enough reason to be concerned with rubbing over time on the vapor tube. I wish I had known about the Rancho bracket a week ago. :(
You could always wrap the vapor line in thin foam. I thought about doing that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about the video. Made it a long time ago and at the time, it seemed like a good idea. Unlike a forum like this, videos can't be updated.

I should note that the biggest problem I saw with the Synergy bracket is that the cables tended to pull the rubber gromets out of the bracket during extreme flex with my coilovers.

TerraJL

Sorry about the video. Made it a long time ago and at the time, it seemed like a good idea. Unlike a forum like this, videos can't be updated.

I should note that the biggest problem I saw with the Synergy bracket is that the cables tended to pull the rubber gromets out of the bracket during extreme flex with my coilovers.
The video was great. It's on me to get with the times and learn about other options. I just didn't do enough research and thought this bracket was the best one to go with. With that being said, I think i will go ahead and eat the cost of this bracket and buy myself the Rancho. Do you have any recommendations on some automotive foam that could go around that evap vapor tube?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The video was great. It's on me to get with the times and learn about other options. I just didn't do enough research and thought this bracket was the best one to go with. With that being said, I think i will go ahead and eat the cost of this bracket and buy myself the Rancho. Do you have any recommendations on some automotive foam that could go around that evap vapor tube?
I honestly don't think it's necessary being that the cables are already wrapped in foam and that is what's making contact with the vapor tube. I've been running this setup for years and have never had an issue with it. If anything, adding foam may create more pressure on the line and that can be a potential problem.

TerraJL

I honestly don't think it's necessary being that the cables are already wrapped in foam and that is what's making contact with the vapor tube. I've been running this setup for years and have never had an issue with it. If anything, adding foam may create more pressure on the line and that can be a potential problem.
Ah, good to know. So you've been using the Synergy bracket on your other JL for a few years with no issues? You just have the Rancho on your 392, is that what I'm understanding to be true?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, good to know. So you've been using the Synergy bracket on your other JL for a few years with no issues? You just have the Rancho on your 392, is that what I'm understanding to be true?
I am running the Rancho bracket on my 392 but I also installed it on my first JL after installing coilovers on it. The extreme amount of droop was causing the cables to pull the rubber gromets out of the bracket. I had been running the Rancho bracket for years and without issues.

TerraJL

I am running the Rancho bracket on my 392 but I also installed it on my first JL after installing coilovers on it. The extreme amount of droop was causing the cables to pull the rubber gromets out of the bracket. I had been running the Rancho bracket for years and without issues.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I may go ahead and get the Rancho and eat the cost of the Synergy bracket. Thanks again, Eddie.

Top Bottom